Risk Engineering - Analytics and Reporting - Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Risk, Risk Engineering, Analytics & Reporting, Associate, Warsaw ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
We are a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. We commit people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. DIVISION OVERVIEW - RISK
The Risk Division identifies, anticipates, measures and mitigates - whenever appropriate - the diverse array of risks that the firm faces in serving clients and operating its global businesses.
Risk professionals focus on giving the firm clarity on the risk profile of our activities and devise strategies to protect the firm's ability to serve our clients as a leader in global financial markets. Teams play a critical function for the firm, driving how the firm takes and manages risk. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
We are at the forefront of the most recent engineering solutions, including data and analytical solutions to efficiently produce timely and insightful risk analysis RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Within the Risk division, the Risk Engineering (RE) department's mandate is to provide robust metrics, data-driven insights, and effective technologies for best-in-class risk management. Analytics & Reporting (A&R) is a multidiscipline RE team with primary responsibility for such data-driven insights; the team is at the cutting edge of our businesses, with strong traditions of risk management, engineering excellence, client service and career development opportunities for our people.
A&R professionals answer real-world questions through a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods as part of the core value proposition of the Risk division which balances our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. The team is staffed globally with offices including Dallas, New Jersey, New York, Salt Lake City, London, Warsaw, Frankfurt, Bengaluru, and Tokyo.
As a member of the A&R team, you will work closely with colleagues around the globe to:
- Apply advanced quantitative techniques and programming languages to analyze large datasets
- Design and develop cutting edge analytics, using best-in-class analytical tools to visualize risk and inform business decisions
- Deliver risk insights through verbal, written and interactive digital content to key stakeholders both internal and external to the firm
- Play a key role in the risk management function at Goldman Sachs by providing understanding of and insight into existing and emerging risks, highlighting important and topical risk features, facilitating and informing risk management decisions
Basic Qualifications Preferred Qualifications
- Identify, design and implement the best means of delivering risk information through compelling narratives, tools and visualizations to increase understanding and awareness of risk
- Innovate and design new analytics and visuals, leveraging internal and external programming languages and software
- Use finance, economics, mathematics, programming and logical thinking to find solutions to a broad range of problems, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Analyze, visualize and manage sets of data used in our risk management and control functions
- Quantitative application to storytelling leveraging Risk Engineering processes to maximize significance, quality, efficiency, speed, and reliability while ensuring clear accountability and attribution
- Perform anomaly detections in large data sets, investigating the cause and recommending corrective actions
- Engage with colleagues around the global, across divisions and with external stakeholders of the firm, such as regulators and rating agencies
- Work in close collaboration with bankers, traders and portfolio managers as well as risk modelers and technology across the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Interest in financial markets and risk management, motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Interest in learning programming and database management languages
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, form own judgment/opinions, provide insights and drive change
- Proactive with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
- Desire to work in an apprenticeship culture and to be challenged in an environment of fast-paced change
- Strong academic background, preferably in quantitative fields such as finance, economics, computer science, engineering or statistics
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity