Software Engineer - Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operational Resilience Engineering provides resilience measurement and monitoring for the firm's important business services, a priority for regulators globally, with key deadlines over the next few years. Future state vision for this function is to design for resilience as we launch engineering platforms and products, share availability of critical services publicly with our clients, reduce operational loss and support costs, and continuously demise and delete unused systems.
Heightened focus on Operational Resilience is key to our strategic theme of enhancing Engineering risk management. The measurement and monitoring of operational resilience includes:
- Defining a consistent taxonomy for business services, associated functions and engineering services
- Enabling dependency mapping across Engineering but also of people, processes, vendors and facilities
- Creating a scenario catalog with impact tolerances/error budgets, ensuring recovery plans are in place and automating regular testing
- Maintaining a resilience dashboard to monitor results and link to mechanisms such as ZBB to prioritize investments
- BCAT and OBR demise as a result of the above singular Operational Resilience process inclusive of BCP
The tooling to enable this initiative is a joint-venture between Operational Resilience Engineering, SRE, Operational Risk and Resilience Metrics, Enterprise Technology Operations and Risk Engineering for BCP.
The program involves architecting and building the tooling from scratch on cutting edge technology stack that is highly scalable and performant to support 3k+ users firmwide. The tooling would be built with the intent to be fully cloud native over the next few years, while starting in a hybrid mode using containerized deployments in view of time to market. Given the regulatory nature of the program, all the data will be modelled in Alloy and go through data governance sign offs. Tooling will be built in tight alignment with SRE Northstar principles to ensure a highly resilient architecture. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Hands-on role developing software and functionality to be used across the firm
- Produce high quality software - tested, conformant to engineering best practices
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse multi-disciplined team
- Leverage modern practices to develop software iteratively
- Motivated, self-organised and have good time & work management skills
- Have an analytical mindset, with the confidence and ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to gather requirements, design and build functionality
- Appreciate and expose Agile principles and practices such as TDD, clean code and continuous delivery
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong design skills in architecting highly scalable and resilient systems
- Java 11 experience including lambdas and streaming collections and a good knowledge of java libraries, for example, Jersey, Jackson, Guava and Apache-Commons is an advantage
- ReactJS experience in React Hooks and GS UI Toolkit is an advantage
- Experience with building containerised microservices using kubernetes and on-boarding to API Management Platform
- Experience using relational database such as PostgreSQL, Sybase ASE
- Developing Dropwizard/Spring Boot or React applications
- Experience with Reladomo (Mithra), Hazelcast, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka preferable
- Experience with Datalake and Alloy an advantage
- Ability to write Python scripts for automation and ad-hoc tasks preferable
- Experience with building cloud applications an advantage
- Experience with Agile Development methodology and Gitlab SDLC
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity