Software Engineer - Marquee Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
- The Market Data Infra team is a global team that works closely with trading, desk strats and various engineering teams to provide efficient firmwide solutions for Market Data.
- Some of the projects we works on are:
- APIs for Market Data retrieval, modification, storage
- Expression of market data in various coordinate systems and mappings between them
- Tools that allow trading to maintain intra-day live curves. These tools are customizable to different desk needs and built in collaboration with desk strats.
- APIs for creating intraday snapshots, transporting them and applying them.
- APIs that publish large scale Market Data internally to allow downstream applications (e.g. live pricing tools, live risk tools) to seamlessly consume that data
- Work towards a set of modern API standards in terms of availability, telemetry, and lifecycle.
- Make use of the services/API's we provide to provide end user applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- One of the key challenges is to create systems that can be used by multiple businesses. Whereas in the past various desks and businesses developed their own tools, we thrive to offer solutions that allow everyone to be on the same platform.
- Working on this core infrastructure facilitates other applications who can leverage our work to further build consolidated tools that can be used firmwide.
- We are a young team with large growth opportunities. We have started to branch out into Credit and Commodities and are currently onboarding Equities as well. Working within this team will give you good exposure to different businesses.
Who We Look For
- As a member of the Market Data Infra team you will be responsible for working with trading, desk strats and other engineers to develop and implement scalable solutions.
- End to end ownership of large scale technical solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with the global team to ensure robust engineering principles are followed via design/code reviews.
- We look for an enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual with a strong desire to build scalable and reliable systems that span multiple businesses.
- Someone who is genuinely interested in software engineering, and how software solutions can help our business.
- Strong academic background in a relevant field - Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering
- Excellent applied programing skills in a major programing language (e.g. C++, Java, Python)
- Experience designing and developing scalable and reliable systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in Java (previous experience not explicitly required, but this role is likely highly Java centric).
- Understanding of micro-service architecture/design
- Understanding of Kubernetes or cloud based runtimes in general would be beneficial.
- Judgement - ability to work on the trading desk under significant time pressure
- Commercial awareness
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual
- Knowledge of financial markets, particularly from a quantitative viewpoint, would be an advantage
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.