Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
- Market Compettitive
- Doha, Ad Dawḩah, Qatar
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 sept. 17
Provide timely and expert advice to the CEO on complex, strategic financial matters that fall under the jurisdiction of the CEO’s Office. Oversee and manage the Finance Department.
Financial Control and Management
• Communicate the approved strategic financial direction to the SBU’s and accomplishes the approved objectives
• Coordinate internal audit efforts by reviewing the annual audit plan, performs strategic analysis on audit findings and corrective/preventive measures taken
• Conduct test controls at macro level mainly by inquiry and observation
• Ensure that appropriate financial governance principles are adopted
• Undertake and lead commercial feasibility studies for overseas activities or projects either independently or with assistance of external consultants
• Effectively lead and assess the financial aspects of merger / acquisition assingments
• Lead and coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analysis and information reports
• Critically examine financial reports
• Critically evaluate and oversee budget variance and examine financial reports for any unusual or out of sync matter
• Control CAPEX, inventory management, to limit variances
• Identify cost optimization opportunities within SBUs
• Divide finance portfolio in social and economic segments and analyzes the same in terms of set objectives of long term sustainability and self-financial reliance
• Analyze ERP, forecast cash flows & provide timely updates to stakeholders on financial standing.
Strategy & Business Plan
• In conjunction with and as required by Upper Management, contribute to the formulation and implementation of strategy in line with vision and mission.
Budgets & Plans
• Adhere to departmental budgets and ensure optimal utilization of all available resources
Systems & Processes
• Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, to ensure work is completed out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a world class service.
• Ensure cost-efficient usage of all applicable resources to reduce wastage and unnecessary expense.
• Share ideas and viewpoints to further streamline processes, thus driving efficiency and improvements across the organization
• Ensure compliance with the governmental and company rules and regulations.
• Develop effective reporting system and maximizes shareholders value.
HSE & Risk Management
• Adhere to all relevant QHSSE procedures, instructions and controls so that provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own employees.
• Motivate team members and contributes to the identification of opportunities to take part in change initiatives, programmes and projects that reflect international best practice and changes in the competitive environment
• Conduct feasibility studies & provides advice on new business ventures / strategies
• Perform continuous monitoring & improvement of accounting systems, internal controls & finance policies to ensure compliance with IFRS & accounting norms.
• Provide guidance and direct input to the development plans and performance management of direct reports to meet the objectives.
• Ensure development of the next generation of leaders capable of effectively managing the Finance function and delivering business objectives.
• Lead the finance department team through active interaction & involvement to realize strategic goals.
• Assume or accept any other responsibilities as assigned by the direct supervisor
1. CEO, Department Heads, Directors, Advisors - Strategy setting, information sharing, advice, counseling and reporting
2. SBUs- Implementation of financial processes and mechanisms
3. Finance Department- Information sharing, planning, decision making and performance management
4. Consultants, Auditors, Regulatory Bodies, Banks- Improve control environment through accounting means and harmonize reports across, Statutory compliance and value generation from audit effort
• Minimum of 15 years’ relevant Finance experience
• Minimum of 5 years should be in a similar CFO position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry
• Proven track record in financial management and experience with the development and management of budgets and major deals with banks and financial institutions
• Retail/ Real Estate experience will be an absolute advantage
• Experience with the management and implementation of contracts and understanding of government requirements
• Bachelor Degree in Financial Accounting or any similar field
• Master Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or similar field is preferable
• Must be a CPA or CMA designation
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent command of English language
• Hands on experience with ERP System
• Male candidates are preferred
• Maintain standards of conduct and high level of integrity and dependability
• Capacity to provide leadership and develop innovative processes and ways of working
• Excellent Interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage in a multi-cultural environment
• Proven problem-solving skills. Ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
• Trustworthy with confidential and sensitive company information
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to consult and collaborate with others and work as an effective team member
Proficiency in computers