Group Head of Banking Legal
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Group Head of Banking Legal, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Job Summary:
Ensure accurate legal advice is provided to Corporate Banking, Retail Banking and Treasury Areas at QNB Group.
Assume a lead role in negotiating all major banking product agreements to which the Group becomes a party including corporate and retail loans and treasury arrangement. Job Description:
- Continuously seek to reduce/control the external legal spend of the Group while maintaining a prudent level and quality of advice as required by the needs of the Group.
- Continuously highlight the high risk legal issues confronted by the Group arising from potential/ existing contracts/agreements,, changes in relevant legislations (where not handled by compliance) and take adequate and timely mitigating actions to safeguard the Group's interest.
- Contribute to the creation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance monitoring and quality measurement purposes for Group Legal and monitor their achievement on periodic basis.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units to achieve the Group Legal's goals/ objectives
- Review and revise the existing policies and procedures for the domestic and overseas operations serviced by Group Legal to ensure these reflect current practices and changes in relevant laws/ regulations (where same is not handled by compliance).
- Plan, direct and manage the activities of assigned professional and non-professional personnel in Group Legal. Delegate assignments and provide counseling and guidance in the performance of their work.
- Monitor the local / international regulatory environment, as applicable, and assess the impact of related changes on the overall Group risk profile (where same is not handled by compliance).
- Approves (with or without external legal) documentation where standard documentation is not available, or where deviations from standard documentation are required.
- Ensure provision of well-researched legal advice to all departments within the Group on matters relating to Group's transactions.
- Provide legal opinion on new activities and products and on complex and cross border transactions, mergers and acquisitions.
- Degree in law from a recognized university.
- Admission to the professional bar, law society or attorney association of a recognized jurisdiction is required unless the candidate is from a jurisdiction which does not permit such admission.
- At least 15 years legal experience in the legal profession with a major FI/law firm.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV