Head of Global AML/CTF
- Salaire : Competitive
- Lieu de travail : Doha, Ad Dawḩah, Qatar
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
- Entreprise : Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Mise à jour le : 19 juin 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Head of Global AML/CTF, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
You will be responsible for the AML/CTF function at Group level, to align with the on-going global changes and challenges for both AML/CTF incorporating both the QCB and Financial Action Task Force (FATF). Ultimate responsibility to prevent the Group from being exposed to the risk of legal/ regulatory sanctions and the associated financial / reputation loss that the Group may suffer as a result of failure to comply with the relevant AML/ CTF regulations.
- Implement the framework for identifying the compliance weaknesses and deficiencies in terms of AML/CTF at Group level as a result of the monitoring and testing initiatives, therefore preventing the Group from incurring financial losses and damage to its reputation.
- Liaise with the following on continuous basis to resolve their queries/ respond to issues raised by them relating to the Group's AML/ CTF efforts:
QNB Group regulators including QCB, QFMA, QFC, FSA, MIFID, MAS, Banque de France, Federal Swiss Banking Commission, Overseas Branches, Auditors and National Anti Money Laundering Committee (NAMLC).
- Conduct the Global Diagnostic Report for the Overseas Branches and Subsidiaries & Affiliates to enhance the AML/CTF framework and identify areas of enhancement in line with the applicable laws and regulation in respective countries.
- Prepare the Annual MLRO report to the BOD as per QCB regulations covering the Group AML/CTF initiatives and actions.
- Prepare the QCB Risk Profiling Template for the QNB Group covering the customer database, transactions and geographic components.
- Implement the related tasks of the annual plan approved by the Group Board Audit & Compliance Committee by performing periodic review of the AML/ CTF related activities conducted at the entities included within the plan.
- Review and investigate suspicious transactions reports (STRs) based on his own review/communications received from the related QNB staff and escalate cases that appear to be risky to the CASGA for his review/ action.(All Branches including Overseas Branches and Subsidiaries).
- Submit reports covering the AML/ CTF reviews conducted to the Chief Financial Crimes Compliance & Governance for his review.
Initiate new AML/CTF Compliance Strategy and Regulatory Reporting in establishing the Regulatory Reporting Annual Plan.
Take part to the Steering Committees relevant to the Group integration projects and work closely with stakeholders for the adequate and timely delivery of the compliance-specific actions.
- Supervisory Responsibilities include managing the Specialist AML/CTF Model & Process Development; Specialist AML/CTF Investigations and Specialist AML/CTF IT Systems Infrastructure.
- Adopt and implement the FATF updated AML/CTF recommendations to meet the Global Standards to Domestic/Overseas Branches and Subsidiaries on a Risk Based Approach
- Participate in establishing methods and means for spreading the AML/CTF Awareness through training and e-learning platform establish in QNB L&D division.
- Participate in Implementing the Risk Based Approach of Overseas Branches and Subsidiaries based on their Geographic Location in 4 Categories Europe, Africa, Asia and Middle East.
- Provide High Level Management report on AML/CTF report for the Financial Crimes Compliance & Governance and Group Chief Compliance Officer for on a periodic basis
- Bachelor degree with professional qualifications such as CAMS/ CCO/ CIA.
- A minimum of 13 years of experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency out of which 8 years should be in a supervisory role relating to Compliance.
- Solid experience of working in financial services. AML/CTF Compliance specific experience.
- Strong Knowledge of Prudential Regulation is an essential (Liquidity risk management, Credit risk management, Market risk management, Asset and liability Management, Banking or asset management industry and products).
- Experience of managing external relationships, with the confidence to approach people at all levels.
- People Management Skills Strategic thinking for Global regulatory Changes
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV