Established in 1964 as the countryâ€™s first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Groupâ€™s presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poorâ€™s (A), Moodyâ€™s (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Groupâ€™s consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Person:
The incumbent will be responsible for managing the local portfolio of delinquent [Corporate Banking, SMEs] covering all local branches with the objective of progressively reducing overall overdue credit exposure of the bank through implementation of loan re-structuring, collection and collateral asset sale strategies using coordination and interaction with the defaulting customers, Legal personnel, the state police authorities. Experience:
- Take responsibility to ensure the identifying, locating and contacting of errant customers, and the containing, minimizing and or reducing the bank's exposure and risks and business units.
- Take responsibility to for identifying potential problem accounts so that necessary action can be immediately taken to recover / decrease bank's NPL and or to minimize the bank's losses.
- Take responsibility to ensure immediate assessment of the NPL position, identify and contain risks, evaluate and secure bank's collateral interests, and formulate remedial strategy through negotiation, preparation and finalization of re-structuring Agreement, and or taking of necessary legal action and enforcement of security if any, and the aggressive pursuance of the repayment of the overdue debt through all legal and market accepted means in accordance with QNB policies and procedures and in compliance with QCB regulations.
- Implement the Group's Credit Policies and Procedures and directives set by the Credit Committee and Group Chief Credit Officer. Ensure compliance with prescribed guidelines and procedures related to credit review and approval processes [particularly Credit Administration's guidelines for remedial management].
- Pro-actively participate in the preparation / updating of policies and procedures to meet the needs of current market and working environment to protect the best interests of the bank and to ensure efficient and effective process flow of the Department's functions.
- Develop workable and coherent exposure reduction, asset value recovery, and overdue loans collections strategy [for the Bank's non-performing Corporate portfolio] with objective of minimizing loss to the bank, in consultation with Head of Group Corporate Remedial and Head of Group Remedial, and ensure implementation of such approved strategy, and that all collections / account receivables are paid on time and without any delays to achieve or exceed pre-agreed targets.
- Ensure thorough knowledge of details and analysis of breakdown of the bank's delinquent [Corporate] accounts portfolio.
- Ensure that concerned QNB Business units, Department's staff aggressively pursue their collection objectives and goals.
- Ensure the proper implementation of collection and provisioning process in accordance with QNB's policies and procedures and in compliance with QCB and other relevant regulatory requirements, accounting standards, and industry norms.
- Ensure the existence of adequate physical safeguards and other controls over the repossessed assets.
- Ensure the review of oversight of local portfolio, technical and MIS reports showing updated exposure details and breakdowns, activities of the unit and the performance of the unit against agreed KPIs - including performance of the Department / Unit compared to goals and objectives, and budgets.
- Ensure that customers' enquiries relating to loan defaults, and provide accurate information on overdue amounts are quickly and efficiently addressed, and the bank's expectations for early repayment is clearly articulated.
- Précising monitor that the bank's Legal personnel are immediately advised of potential problematic cases, slow paying accounts, potential defaulters, and provide them with relevant legal documentation related to the exposure as early as possible so that timely action (including but not limited to initiation of [civil / criminal] legal proceedings) can be initiated to protect the bank's interests, avoid further deterioration of the account and or initiate early recovery of the overdue amounts.
- University graduate with a degree preferably in finance, economics or related majors.
- Masters degree or equivalent banking related training or Professional certification is preferred not required.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a major international bank [or other comparable financial services or consultancy company] in a Retail or Corporate risk function.
- Minimum 4 years in bad debts remedial /collection function.
- Well-informed of the bad debts collections process, industry practices and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Fluency in Arabic is MUST
- Excellent background and experience in corporate banking concepts, principles and processes and banking operations in general.
- Good knowledge of financial markets and industry best practices.
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements, International Accounting Standards and related pronouncements, including related best practices.
- Superior experience in Remedial Management and debt re-structuring / work out transactions.
- Superior knowledge and experience in preparation and review of legal and security agreements and other supporting documents related to loan / credit agreements, remedial management; debt restructuring and work out situations.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph