Assistant Director – Senior Software Engineer (C#.NET)
Job Description We are looking for a talented quantitative C#.NET developer to join our growing team in Prague, to work on Moody's Analytics market leading regulatory stress testing software. The software uses our advanced APIs to project cashflows for thousands of securitisations and aggregates the results into reports required for our clients' regulatory submissions. As the software is quite mature and stable, the focus of the work will be incremental enhancements and investigation of any client-reported issues. Experience with Windows Forms, calling native code via PInvoke and Excel is desirable but not essential. The clients are UK based and the successful candidate will directly support our London-based client engagement team, with support from other developers and specialists located in Prague and New York.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a major player in the global capital markets and get exposure to the multi-trillion dollar securitisation market, and we are willing to consider candidates from outside the finance sector provided they have a strong numerical background in a field such as physics, accounting or engineering.
- Support and enhancement of existing C#.NET Windows Forms project
- Working with APIs and Excel automation
- Optimising and debugging code
- Collaborating with financial engineers
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and independently manage time.
- Ability to apply superb analytical skills and persistence in problem solving.
- Work with minimal guidance from senior team members
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Finance, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of C#.
- Numerical background
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) design and implementation
- Experience with standard dev tools: Jira, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.