Database Engineer 1
This role is responsible for maintaining and expanding the company's historical and estimated time series databases, including independently improving existing processes and procedures to increase productivity, timeliness, and quality of output.
- Maintain and expand historical and estimated macroeconomic databases
- Administer databases containing economic time series data to ensure data quality
- Maintain timeliness, accuracy and completeness utilizing FAME, VBA, C#, SQL and other applications and software
- Navigate multiple proprietary interfaces
- Research the availability of economic and demographic time series
- Establish and maintain data provider relationships
- Acquire historical time series data by gaining expertise in assigned industrial and geographic domains
- Solve problems related to the management of these databases by utilizing independent judgment and critical thinking skills
- Improve existing processes and procedures to increase productivity and quality of output
- Generate and maintain metadata in order to accurately document managed datasets for ease of client use
- Ensure client satisfaction, including speed and quality of responses to our existing clients via web conferences, phone calls, emails and interactive chats
- Undergraduate or advanced degree with course work in economics, finance, statistics, or related fields preferred.
- Excellent academic record and strong proficiency in computer use.
- Programming languages such as R, Stata, SAS, C# or Visual Basic are a plus.
- Knowledge of a foreign language is a plus.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and be able to accept responsibility for independently making decisions that have a significant and material impact on the success of the firm.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.