Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator - SQL / Oracle 11g Location: Prague Full Time Permanent Negotiable salary
Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator - SQL / Oracle 11g
Full Time Permanent
Resource Solutions are partnering with an Investment to bank to recruit for a Oracle Database Administrator to join their team
The bank is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
What will you be doing?
- Provide day to day support and management for existing DB's / Development environments
- Monitoring the capacity and usage patterns of the environments, planning the requirements and managing growth
- Reporting against key infrastructure initiatives, tracking and remediating any non-compliance with database security standards
- Support the automated Dev environment deployment process and Oracle self-service load utilities
- Provide support for the BARX automated database release tool (alter_db) and Breakglass process
- Provide support for database related issues arising in Development and UAT
- Provide advice on BARX database standards and Oracle best practices to Developers
What we're looking for:
It is essential to have experfience with: Oracle RAC, ASM, DataGuard, RMAN
Strong Database administration skills (Oracle 11g)
- Strong skills in writing and optimising SQL and PL/SQL
- Strong scripting skills and Linux knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good knowledge of standard development and build tools, e.g. GIT, TeamCity etc.
- Experience of continuous development strategies
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and principles