Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Job Description We are looking for a talented Python developer to join our growing team in Prague, to work on analytical solutions for the analysis of securitisations (CLO/ABS/RMBS etc). These solutions use Moody's Analytics API products to deliver powerful analytics into the hands of our customers using AWS cloud technology (Lambda, S3, DynamoDB). Experience with these cloud technologies is highly desirable, as well as experience working with Excel and VBA which is the final delivery platform for most solutions. The successful candidate will work together with financial engineers in London, Frankfurt and New York to develop and support these solutions.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a major player in the global capital markets and get exposure to the multi-trillion dollar securitisation market, and we are willing to consider candidates from outside the finance sector provided they have a strong numerical background in a field such as physics, accounting or engineering.
- Support and enhancement of existing Python projects (Python 3.7+, asyncio) and test cases (pytest)
- Deployment to and support of cloud components (Lambda, S3, DynamoDB)
- Working with native Linux and Windows APIs
- Optimising and debugging code
- Working with Excel and VBA
- Collaborating with financial engineers
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and independently manage time.
- Ability to apply superb analytical skills and persistence in problem solving.
- Work with minimal guidance from senior team members
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of Python, including asyncio
- Numerical background
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong understanding of software architectures, particularly serverless
- Experience with standard dev tools: Jira, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.