APAC Assistant Head of Facilities Infrastructure
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Reporting directly into the APAC Head of Facilities Infrastructure (FI), the Assistant Head of FI is responsible for the following services: Management, Control & Oversight of maintenance, repair and operations of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection system (MEPF). Incident reporting, emergency response, equipment uptime, life-cycle planning, utilities forecasting, environmental and sustainability initiatives, Projects & Real Estate design assistance relating to Facilities Infrastructure. This position will work as part of the APAC Global Facilities Management (GFM) Team, handling delivery of FI services, governance of Strategic Partners using appropriate SLA and KPI performance criteria as measurements.
Core functions include:
- Management and Operation of CS occupied sites in the APAC Region, including data centers, critical facilities and 3 rd party sites.
- Technical and managerial expertise for regional activities, including compliance of all statutory laws and regulations
- Delivery of uptime for Data centers and critical locations
- Support in development and management of annual operating budgets, and delivery against budgets and agreed savings targets
- Significant vendor & landlord management, including handling of relationship management, incident governance and day-to-day management at regional level.
- On a daily basis, you will need to monitor vendor performance and output (KPIs and SLAs), ensure contractual and outsourcing related (if any) obligations are being met, approve or disapprove changes, provide feedback and develop these vendor relationships further through effective communication.
- Collaborate with IT staff including Data Center Operations team, Network team to manage Data Centre services, relationships and capacity management across the region with coordination from compliance, risk/control leads
- Incident Management escalations, oversight of response and track resolution, inclusive of Reporting and Root Cause Analysis.
- Responsible for coordinating Strategic Partners ' emergency response and preparing appropriate escalation to management teams in accordance with CS prescribed Incident Management Framework
- Provide oversight on maintenance activities, including application of industry standard methodologies. Ensure maintenance activities compliance to CS' Global Engineering Maintenance Standards (GEMS) for assets in region. This includes periodic review of strategic partners' technology and systems, to ensure accuracy of data.
- Oversight of all Power down and Integrated Systems testing in region
- Responsible for Change Management for all power down and critical engineering work activities.
- Provide oversight and governance of critical asset in relation to cyber risk and compliance to Cyber GEMS
- Support delivery of ISO14001 Environmental Management System
- Delivery of Utilities forecasting and management
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to:
- Support Leasing teams on technical due diligence of prospective buildings on related M&E system
- Support Projects team from concept design phase, site due diligence, through testing and commissioning, in critical and live facilities, and Major Headquarters buildings
- Support APAC delivery of globally led FI initiatives e.g . Building Risk Register, Service Category Improvement Program
- Review and authorization of monthly FI related invoices, reports, and requests from strategic Partners
- Review and authorization for new server deployment in the Data Center relating to power and space demand.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with other key Corporate Services functions, including Facilities Services, Capital Projects, Security, and Business Management both regionally and globally
- Deputizing responsibilities to APAC Head of FI.
- You should possess a minimum of Diploma or Bachelor in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, or relevant technical field professional certification is helpful.
- You have between 5-7 years’ experience in data center and/or related critical and banking facilities, operations, maintenance.
- You have significant experience working with teams in different countries, with an understanding of different cultures, and working practices.
- You possess significant experience in management of technical teams and critical facility operations and design.
- You have strong communication skills and are experienced in both client and vendor management.
- You demonstrate understanding of building services and critical assets, including UPS, generators, HVAC, refrigeration, etc.
- You possess strong working knowledge of Industry standard methodologies.
- You have sound business and financial management skills.
- You have excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- You have experience in leading and management of teams remotely.
- You have familiarity with outsourcing guidelines and tracking vendor compliance to these obligations, in particular, Data Centre services, as prescribed by South East Asia Regional Banking regulators.
- You should have strong IT skills - Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- You are comfortable to travel around the South East Asia Region as required.
- Comfortable to attend occasional evening calls with global counterparts for coordination
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.