APAC Campus Operations Lead - Vice President
Data Centre Services (DCS) is accountable for demonstrating both governance and control over the suppliers who run and manage Data Centres (DCs), Co-Locations (Co-Lo), Technology Equipment Rooms (TER) and Telecommunications Rooms (TR) across the organisation. This includes, but is not limited to, physical security, asset protection, deployment, capacity management and assurance.
Reporting to the Head of Data Centre Services Campus Operations, this role is responsible and accountable in the region for implementing services and consistent systems to Data Centre (DC), Co-Locations (Co-Lo), Technology Equipment Rooms (TER) and Telecommunications Rooms (TR) and other DB premises through applicable policies, processes, standards for day to day operations delivered through Data Centre Service (DCS) vendors.
The Regional Head of Campus Operations will support the following activities as directed by the Head of Data Centre Services Campus Operations.
- Act as the point of contact in region for all data centre facilities.
- Direct operations and maintenance for all data centre facilities in region.
- Develop, mentor and train a Campus Operations team comprised of both internal and external staff.
- Cascade IT and DCS strategy, direction and change to regional Campus Operations team.
- Lead cross communications with other Regional Heads of Campus Operations, and other teams within DCS, particularly Regional Service & Supplier Governance and Regional Security Controls.
- Provide leadership and strategy delivery whilst being accountable for all DCS services in region.'
- Support, coordinate and monitor vendor activities, ensuring work is in line with DB policies, including global security standards, protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Provide access management and support covering equipment room physical security and access controls.
- Facilitate activities, including but not limited to, installs, moves, changes, decommissions and incident management support.
- Ensure asset management and protection of equipment, covering receipt and secure disposal, escort duties, maintenance plans and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) support.
- Manage resources and costs associated with the management of the FTEs and vendors in region. Work in collaboration with DCS Chief of Staff to ensure costs are tracked and managed in line with budget.
- Control change within the region.
- Provide operational support for campus environment, maintaining facility rooms (new and existing) as per DCS operational guidelines and in line with DB policies.
- Work in conjunction with Regional Governance & Control lead to provide oversight and regular review of vendor services, and implement required changes in line with DB polices, including global security standards, protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Promote innovation through implementation of strategic operation systems and processes.
- Implement efficient and effective operational systems that focus on cost reduction.
- 8-10 years' experience in business, operation and managerial experience, preferably within Banking & Finance technology.
- Experience in a similar role in data centre or IT facilities management, preferably within Banking & Finance.
- Experience in cabling design and implementation.
- Experience building and leading a technology function, preferably within the Banking & Finance.
- Industry recognised and highly experienced in creating and leading large, geographically dispersed and complex teams in a matrix organisation.
- Relevant experience as a member of an extended leadership team in one or more specific technical / product areas.
- Expert-level financial performance management ability, analytical skills and flexibility regarding problem solving.
- Exceptional motivational, organisation, presentation and communication skills as well as strategic agility.
- Able to work in fast paced environment, keep pace with technical / operational innovation and maintain a broad understanding of the business offering.
- Open minded, able to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members.
- Strong influencing skills to drive change and represent the DB's interests in the external market.
- Innovative, creative, articulate and able to work directly with a broad range of stakeholders.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.