API Development Specialist
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Standard Chartered Bank is looking for a specialist API developer to join a team of engineers focused on the development of world-class digital products. Our team builds externally facing API portal and enhance the customer experience at our Bank. You will be working with an international team of engineers, UX and UI designers, and senior business leaders.
You would own the technical implementation of API portal front end development and provide mentorship and guidance for our team. In this role, you would be expected to participate in discussions and planning around software architecture and enterprise platform integrations. You would work closely with the UX and UI teams to take innovative solutions from concept to prototyping to production.
The ideal candidate is open-minded, a team player, and excited by fresh challenges in an innovative working environment. You would gain valuable work experience through direct collaboration with senior level engineers and designers who have backgrounds in the top Silicon Valley technology companies.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate Minimum Qualifications
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software aspects of API portal
- Responsible for development of API portal that is used by external clients, partners and third parties.
- Validating that APIs published on the portal meet the banks standards
- Create a user experience unique and market leading
- Enhance portal with sandbox, analytics, self-service onboarding
- Interact with UX and backend Java developers
- Interact and manage business and tech stakeholders from other teams.
- Degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years experience
- SQL, no-SQL DB experience (MongoDb preferred)
- Experience in working with other front end technologies and frameworks.
- Must have experience developing API portals with rich features
- Must have experience validating API standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills in English
- Background in computer science, with a focus on data structures, data modelling, algorithms, API design, microservices.
- Gatsby, GraphQL
- Working with strong UX team
- Ability to learn other coding languages.
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge via formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .