ASEAN Principal AWS Wavelength Solution Architect
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Platform Business Development, which is a global function centered around market development for new web services and market expansion for existing web services.
AWS Platform Business Development is looking for an experienced and motivated technologist with a passion for creating strategies, best practices and solving complex business challenges focusing on the new AWS Wavelength offering. AWS Wavelength delivers a consistent developer experience across multiple 5G networks around the world, enabling developers to build the next generation of ultra-low latency applications by leveraging Wavelength Zones, AWS infrastructure deployments that embed AWS compute and storage services within the telecommunications providers' datacenters. By offering AWS services at the edge of the 5G networks seamlessly integrated with the breadth of AWS services and scale available in the region developers can deliver applications that require ultra-low latencies such as game and live video streaming, machine learning inference at the edge, and augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR).
As a Solutions Architect for AWS Wavelength - you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to redefine how customers create, compute, and consume cloud services at a scale and at latencies not seen before. As a technical expert as part of Business Development, you'll be at the tip of the spear for technology thought leadership and implementation with major customers and partners across (5G) AWS Wavelength Edge Compute Engagements.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a deep understanding of cloud, edge computing, mobile networks, 5G use cases, architectures, workflows, and the ecosystem. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Successful candidates will also possess:
• The deep technical skill in software architecture and cloud computing
• Customer facing skills ideally gained within a partner/consulting organization and have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Basic Qualifications
• 7+years experience with any of the following virtualization technologies such as VMware, KVM, HyperV, Xen Hypervisor.
• 7+years experience with Linux or Unix infrastructure
• 5+ years experience provisioning Block, Object or File storage
• 2+ years experience in distributed (edge) architectures Preferred Qualifications
• Progressive experience working with business development, (enterprise) account management, strategic partnerships, software development and/or program/product teams
• Experience with mobile networks
• Experience with cloud computing and/or related fields (IT, software, etc) including AWS services
• Experience with machine learning and deep learning software platforms, GPUs
• MBA / MS or equivalent relevant business experience.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.