AVP, Android Developer, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
We are looking to hire a talented Android Developer to design, build, and maintain the next generation of Android libraries and applications. Your primary focus will be developing reusable Android libraries for use by other development teams. Your duties will include collaborating with the design team to maintain our UI/UX component library, identifying and fixing development bottlenecks, maintaining the core code libraries (networking, error handling, templating, etc.), working with the DevOps team to maintain our shared CICD pipelines and supporting applications published on the App Store.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong working knowledge of Android Frameworks, be proficient in Java and some working experience with Kotlin and be able to work as part of a team. Ultimately, you should be able to create high-quality functional tools to enable other development teams to meet their business and design requirements. Responsibilities:
- Architecting and building Android app.
- Collaborating with the design team to maintain our component library.
- Ensuring quality and performance of libraries and application to specifications.
- Identifying potential problems and resolving development bottlenecks.
- Maintaining the Android shared CICD pipeline with the DevOps team.
- Supporting development teams before their final release.
- Maintaining and support our in-house core libraries (Networking, Error handling, Analytics Tagging and Templating).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Proven experience as an app developer.
- Proficient in Java and some working knowledge in Kotlin.
- Extensive experience with Android Frameworks such as App Architecture, Networking and Memory Management.
- Experience with popular third-party libraries such as Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger2.
- Experience with industry standard design patterns such as MVVM, Dependency Injection and Multi-module design.
- Knowledge of analytic tracking tools including Adobe Analytics.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git.
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging.
- Experience with CICD tools including Jenkins and Groovy.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.