AVP, Broking (Sales and Marketing)
You will develop and acquire new business opportunities for the broking distribution channel by networking and maintaining good business relations with the brokers.
• Service and develop business with brokers to achieve GWP and underwriting profit targets for the Broking Channel;
• Develop network of business partners and maintain good relationships through regular marketing activities such as broker's engagement and visitation to enhance business growth;
• Underwrite and provide quotations in accordance with assigned authority limits and within the company's underwriting guidelines and treaty terms;
• Review and negotiate renewal terms and follow up on policy renewals before expiry to achieve good retention of business;
• Arrange facultative reinsurance placement in accordance with the company's reinsurance security guidelines;
• Develop the reinsurance inward business through reciprocal exchanges with other direct insurers;
• Arrange &/or conduct risk survey when necessary;
• Assist in credit control;
• Arrange and/or conduct training for staff and intermediaries;
• Assist in the preparation of monthly and ad hoc reports;
• Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks;
• Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and appropriate steps to mitigate the risks; and
• Highlight any potential concerns/risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
• Participate in ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.