We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets, or ISPM, is an integrated team that leverages data and emerging technology to provide investment services for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategies, as well as GIC's global execution, trade and collateral operations, asset servicing, investment monitoring, market data management, network management and custody control. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
We are currently looking for an Associate/AVP, Investment Services Management to support Portfolio Implementation for our Public Equities department. The Public Equity (EQ) department pursues active management strategies in equity investing. We invest globally and are organized along product groups specializing in different total return, relative return and quantitative strategies. Responsibilities
- Providing strategy execution support including setting up new strategies and portfolios, supporting transition management, client injections and withdrawals, benchmark changes, funding and portfolio restructuring / rebalancing.
- Provide support on IPOs and placements including gatekeeping on pre-trade reservation and allocations for IPOs; work closely with the Deal team on non-standard deals.
- Providing order/trade management support for portfolio managers including amongst others order preparation, supporting governance, regulatory and compliance requirements, transaction and order reporting and monitoring, proactive management to ensure smooth trade execution and processing.
- Providing ad hoc support to Portfolio Managers and Analysts.
- Providing reports and analysis in support of portfolio management needs including the building of exposure, risk and performance reports/dashboards among others; work closely with the business solutions analytics (BSA) team within ISPM on data and analytics requirements.
- Working with other parts of ISPM and relevant departments (such as trading, risk, legal and compliance) to manage process and system improvements and deployments as well as manage portfolio, system access and budget administration etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree in either business, technology or related field with at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in financial services or related (not a must) with a strong focus on either (trade) execution, operations, finance and/or data and analytics.
- Good working knowledge with MS Office, in particular MS Excel (eg. proficiency with pivot tables) is a must. Good working knowledge with data visualization requirements and tools such as Tableau would be highly preferred.
- Comfortable working with data and have a good sense of numbers. Experience with SQL, VBA or basic programming skills would be highly preferred.
- Ability to drive process and reporting improvement.
- High level of initiative, meticulous and well-organized. Self-starter who is hands-on and comfortable to manage multiple tasks, confident to engage different stakeholders and can work independently to deliver outcomes.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency, and resilient to challenges.
- Knowledge of and interest in public equities and equity markets/instruments will be preferred.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communications and analytical skills, who is keen to learn, support and contribute to the team's mandate.