AVP, Operational Risk Management Specialist
DBS is a top equity house and a market leader in REITs and property trusts in the region. We have been recognized as pre-eminent investment bank and won a number of prestigious awards, including Best Equity House in Singapore by Asiamoney for 14 consecutive years from 2002 to 2015; Best REIT House in Asia by The Asset for four consecutive years since 2012; and Best Asia Investment Bank by FinanceAsia in 2015. At DBS, the Capital Markets Group provides equity funding solutions to our corporate clients in the region, and acts as an intermediary between issuers and our investing clients. We advise and sponsor our clients in their equity fund-raising exercises in connection with their listing ambitions on regional stock exchanges. We help our clients to raise equity funds through primary offering and/or secondary offering of shares and REITs, as well as pre-IPO platform. Job Scope
- Management of the unit operational risks; working with the various parties to resolve / mitigate those risks
- Assist in the coordination and liaison between vendors / consultant / legal counsels, technology and relevant support units for on-boarding new members or support of existing members.
- Assist in ensuring SLA adherence to business partners.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the business operating model including the unit BCM plans.
- Assist in ensuring compliance to internal policies, standards and guides and MAS external regulatory license requirements.
- Assist in the smooth running of daily operations of the department and digital business including settlement and reconciliation of trades.
- Assist in the monitoring of intraday alerts and health of order book to manage market integrity.
- Assist in the coordination and liaison between vendors / consultant / legal counsels, technology and relevant internal support units to onboard new clients and ensure all processes are setup to support the clients
- Assist in intra-day surveillance of the market and responding to alerts to ensure market integrity and to monitor order book health.
- Assist to monitor and support the department SLA commitment to business partners.
- Assist in the management of operational risks and taking on role of the Unit Operational Risk Manager and working with the various parties to resolve / mitigate those risks
- Assist in the development of new product or processes, and the maintenance of existing business operating models, operations guide, department manual and processes.
- Manage issues arising from the transactions, settlement and reconciliation with business partners.
- Assist in the documentation and creation of the business operating model, operations guide and department manual.
- Assist in creation of necessary business, management and operational reports and presentations.
- Experience in middle-to-back-office teams in financial institutions or trading environment would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of AML/KYC requirements required by MAS. Experience and knowledge of DBS Bank AML/KYC framework and process would be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of capital markets, securities and derivatives and transaction lifecycles
- Experience in working with custodians would be an advantage.
- Have experience managing or liaising with vendors, technology and relevant support units
- Have experience with operational risks framework and working with the various parties to resolve / mitigate those risks. Experience and knowledge of DBS Bank Risk framework would be an advantage.
- Able to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Self-driven, organised, meticulous, hands-on with passion to deliver good quality work, especially in documentation
- Strong analytical skills to gather relevant information, synthesize and define issues
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Able to commit time to meet deadlines, where applicable
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- University Degree is preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.