AVP Product Manager, Custody & Clearing, Transaction Banking
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan McKinley Singapore , Numéro de Licence EA : 11C5502
- 20 oct. 17 2017-10-20
Our client is one of a top tier international banks, looking to hire an AVP Product Manager for their Global Transaction Banking team. Ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years of experience in Clearing & Custody products, with knowledge in Global transaction banking, specifically in Cash Services.
Corporate & Investment Banking: Global Transaction Banking
The Corporate & Investment Bank combines the bank's Corporate Finance, Global Markets and Global Transaction Banking businesses. The aim is to ensure greater alignment of product and sales efforts, enabling the bank to deliver a better service to clients and a more focused resource allocation.
Global Transaction Banking (GTB) is a leading global provider of cash management, trade finance and securities services, delivering the full range of commercial banking products and services for both corporates and institutions worldwide.
The bank operates one of the world's leading domestic custody franchises offering financial institutions / corporate clients a comprehensive range of core services, including clearing, custody, cash management, fund administration, transfer agency and agency securities lending.
About the role:
As a Product Manager, you will facilitate functionality from a Custody and Clearing perspective with internal and external clients, and support the development of the strategic evolution of such products. The role supports globally domiciled clients across a diverse and expanding sector ensuring close partnership with other product groups to develop value added services for our clients.
You would focus on clients with long assets or in the broker dealer segment who would require an integrated securities solution. Often the role requires working towards demanding deadlines imposed internally or by the client and may require travel.
The function also benchmarks the bank's product and services in comparison to competitors which requires tight time to market schedules.
- Identify improvements to custody product offering and support development of a clear global product strategy and roadmap
- Drive product solutioning efforts in the region, working in close partnership with business partners, operations and technology for delivery
- Keep abreast of regulations impacting custody, and ensure that Securities Services is placed to maximise both internal and external opportunities, working in close collaboration with Market Advocacy and Business teams
- Innovation of new products, capitalising on changes to market regulations, market practices, or through synergies with the bank or Securities Services products.
- Engage with divisions outside of Global Transaction Banking and within Global Transaction Banking to identify synergies and work across the organisation to develop innovative products and services for our clients
- Thought-leadership for custody and clearing, including participation in industry conferences, and contribution to industry publication
- Lead and manage the "New Product Approval (NPA)" process should new NPAs be required for the development of new products, and to ensure that products adhere to the appropriate bank governance and that any risks have been properly considered/mitigated.
- Manage product positioning, product definition and capability profiles.
- Support pre- and post- sales activities (deep-dive product presentation, client products solution)
- Work in close collaboration with business partners (Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Risk) for product delivery.
- Knowledge of custody and understanding of associated products and services
- Performance and result oriented with strong business acumen
- Entrepreneurial thinking with client interaction and sales experience
- Ability to analyse business situations and innovate product opportunities.
- A background in product management/development with minimum 5 years' experience within the securities financial industry
- Experience at interacting widely through a banking organisation
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and multi-cultural understanding.