AVP, Retail Audit, Group Audit
Posting Date: 12-Sep-2019
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
United Overseas Bank ("UOB") is seeking talented individuals for a Retail Audit within our Audit group. The candidate should have a keen analytical mind with sound business insight and strong project management experience, and a strong desire to proactively drive better business decision making through the use of decision science and business intelligence. Whilst the current role focuses on audit planning and perform risk profiling of assigned entities and all aspects of assessments in accordance with Group Audit standards, regulatory requirements and statutes, and best practices to identify emerging risks and industry issues and assess their implications for the audit entity, the candidate is encouraged to explore and develop analytics approach of the Retail Bank's Audit, with the prospect of eventual career progression to Division Head of Group Audit. Group Audit
Retail Audit Analytics is part of a wider Audit group that is responsible for helping the Bank to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate the adequacy of internal financial controls, operational and compliance controls, and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Job Responsibilities THE ROLE
This role requires initiative to identify and pursue tasks to achieve the overall objectives. The role requires much persistence and persuasion getting the many different stakeholders on board supporting the mission. Diplomacy and professionalism are key attributes in breaking down barriers. Candidate with experience in using audit tools such as ACL, SAS and BI tools such as Power BI, Qlik Sense would be preferable. Domain Knowledge
Details Job Responsibilities
- Credit Lending in Consumer Banking, Retail SME and Private Banking businesses which encompass credit quality, credit risk management and credit operations
- Wealth Management business
- Card and Payment Products
- Applicable Laws and Regulations
- Plan and perform Risk Profiling of assigned entities and all aspects of assessments in accordance with Group Audit standards, regulatory requirements and statutes, and best practices.
- Identify emerging risks and industry issues and assess their implications for the audit entity.
- Work closely with various business/support entities to plan, execute and manage integrated audit engagements.
- Use technology and data analytics to appropriately improve audit work processes and quality.
- Lead and participate in audits and audit advisory engagements.
- Evaluate materiality of issues and related root causes, and assess the effectiveness of controls and determine the potential impact of any control failure and the corrective actions required.
- Monitor and review for quality and timeliness of audit work, including report writing.
- Track and escalate, where appropriate, significant issues and audit findings that remain unresolved.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Possess a recognized degree or equivalent professional qualifications/credentials with 5 or more years of relevant audit experience and able to accommodate a manageable amount of travel. Certification(s) in these areas is a plus. CPA, CISA, CFE, CIA would be preferred.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and cope with change and diversity in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to successfully coordinate and work well among team members and inspire others to take initiative and use intuitive thinking.
- Has strong working knowledge of audit/risk assessment techniques and principles.
- Has in-depth knowledge of the applicable businesses and products, and regulatory requirements and their business implications.
- Preferably somebody that familiar with knowledge with tools utilized to query, transform, and/or present data, including Excel/Access/VBA, SQL, ACL, SAS, Qlik Sense, Power BI, etc
- Collaborative and customer oriented while resourceful and results driven;
- Attention to detail with effective writing and presentation skills
Apply now and make a difference.