AVP/ Senior Associate, Content Designer, Design Standards, Group Design, Consumer Banking Group
Business Function As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. What you'll be doing: Your goal will be to create amazing content for our web and mobile apps. What do we mean by amazing? It's content that helps our users achieve the task at hand faster. If your content is good, it will become invisible. It will be so clear, succinct, and helpful that our users will forget they're reading and simply focus on what they have to do. Here's what your week might look like:
Here are the experience and skills we'd love you to have:
- You'll spend time with product designers, researchers, and business owners to understand the goals of a new feature or the re-design of an old one.
- You'll do some competitive research online.
- You'll analyse data and make data-driven content decisions.
- You'll open Figma, go through the design flow and create your first draft.
- You'll also jot down a bunch of questions and ideas.
- Then come the emails and meetings. You'll need to keep up with and summarise the feedback from various stakeholders and follow up to make sure you get the answers you need.
- To make sure your content sees the light of day, you'll need to do some grunt work-updating Figma files and content management systems, participating in demos and checking staging apps.
- Don't like grunt work? Good, neither do we, so we're constantly trying to improve our processes to make sure we have less of it to do. You'll be welcome to contribute!
- This role is regional, so you'll get to work with fantastic people from all over the region. The content you'll create will need to be internationalised and localised. Sometimes, you'll need to make changes to the source content to ensure it makes sense for another country.
- To summarise, you'll own the customer journey from a copy perspective and make sure there are no gaps in UX across all channels and touchpoints linked to the products.
- You've been writing professionally for 3+ years.
- You have some content design experience.
- You have collaborated with developers and product managers.
Your team and career: This role sits within the Design Standards team and is based in Singapore. The Design Standards team creates our design language system and defines and steers the way we design digital services at DBS. The team covers eight countries, Consumer and Corporate banking, and Middle Office Management group (internal tools). You will report to a senior content designer. This is a senior associate or assistant vice president level role. As your career with us progresses, you will become the lead writer for some of our key projects, contribute to product improvements and help us create more efficient processes. Content design is a new discipline at DBS, and you will have a lot of opportunities to define the role content designers play in the design process. About the design team Hi, we are the DBS user experience design team We create digital products that deserve to be built because they solve real problems in an impactful way with empathy. How we design We go beyond numbers Every dollar means something. No one actually wants money. We want what it can give us. So, we acknowledge that money is not really about money. We inject emotion into our products to go from transactional to magical. We have one profound idea Because ambiguity is the enemy of good user experience. What is our unique value proposition? Would adding another feature dilute the idea or make it stronger? Connect with us https://www.instagram.com/dbsuxd/ https://medium.com/dbs-bank-design Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- You have collaborated with tech teams: developers, testers, scrum masters, etc.
- You have your own blog or website.