AWM - Senior Software Engineer - Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or above
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Minimum of 6 years industry experience and Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Follow and promote Agile practices like Scrum and TDD/BDD
- Have a keen focus on development modernization by embracing latest technologies and practices and taking initiative to research and learn.
- Micro service design patterns and exposure to Cloud based application development. Exposure to AWS and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry would be an added advantage.
- Experience with SQL databases such as Sybase or Oracle and with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and/or MongoDB
- Experience with middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, Kafka, etc. and exposure to event-driven design patterns.
- Experience developing with testing frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Selenium and Cucumber
- Knowledge and experience of SCM and CI tools such Bitbucket, Jenkins and Maven.