Actuarial Senior Associate (Financial Services), Advisory, Singapore
- Not Specified
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Ernst & Young Singapore
- 16 juil. 18 2018-07-16
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Our Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services practice comprises two areas: Life/Health Insurance and Property/Casualty products and services. Join this team and you will provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g., reserving, pricing and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services such as financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modelling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
As part of our non-life actuarial team, you’ll focus on high-impact opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience that will shape our services. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues. You will be at the forefront of issues that are shaping the insurance industry in Asia and gain a wide exposure to a diverse range of actuarial projects. Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Associate in the Actuarial team, you will be assisting and leading the delivery of a wide range of client engagements, leading or working as part of a project team, relating to, Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) and due diligence; valuation, pricing and product development and regulatory changes. You will also be performing evaluation in areas related to financial risk, product distribution and capital issues.
Skills and attributes for success
- Good understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
- Possess strong interpersonal and teaming skills
- Has strong analytical and creative skills
- Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading edge best practices
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the non-life actuarial team or an actuarial consulting firm. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered at Associate Level.
- Newly or Nearly qualified with either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK), the Society of Actuaries (US) or the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Depth of experience in at least one of the following areas:
- financial modeling
- financial and regulatory reporting
- product pricing and distribution strategy
- ERM / Solvency II
- M&A due diligence
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.