Analyst/ Associate - G10 Rates AUD / USD Trader
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!Key Responsibilities
· Buy and sell a defined range of instruments ﴾ as per desk mandate ﴿ for our clients and take positions on behalf of the Bank
· within defined limits to facilitate client business.
· Provide market liquidity through market making in a defined range of instruments ﴾ as per desk mandate ﴿ and limits; put in
· place hedging if appropriate.
· Monitor market news and events and evaluate the risk and opportunities for positions and strategy
· Closely follow - up the counterparty risk and any potential excess of credit line all market risks and any limit excess.
· Ensure all pre - trade requirements are conducted. ﴾ credit lines check in particular ﴿
· Ensure that all transactions are timely and accurately booked in appropriate trade capture systems.
· Ensure that all transactions are timely sent to middle office and/or back office.
· Submitters and Reviewers as well as their respective back - ups of the contributions are expected to comply strictly with the
· Group policy regarding their professional standards, as well as their duty to support the market integrity ﴾ Group Code of
· Conduct principals ﴿ . They are to comply with all local requirements prescribed by the Authority on such contributions.
· Any attempts to manipulate submissions are subject to the disciplinary procedures, sanctions according the Group policies
· Bonds end of day bonds marking can be used for Iboxx contribution
· Contribute to the daily P&L at the close of the day and facilitate its confirmation by Middle - Office.
· Prepare a P&L explain each day and escalate any unexplained elements to desk head for sign off.
· Provide management with accurate information to analyze the P&L structure
· Monitor the level of broker fees ensure their relevance vis a vis the current market practice and desk activity
· Work closely with the procurement group and Middle Office to minimize broker and custodian fees
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
· Previous 1-X Swaps market making experience
· Proven ability to generate positive P&L
· Client focus: Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients' needs and to changes in the market
· Good communication skills. Ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner
Specific Qualifications Required
· 1 - 3 years G10 Rates AUD / USD trading with knowledge of derivatives, volatility and cross-market rates relative value
- Bachelors or Master's degree in business, economics or other quantitative major
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills, the ability to think quickly and make sound decisions in high stress situations, as well as a passion for financial markets and a fast-paced environment are must haves.