Analyst, Global Natural Gas Liquids (NGL)
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 15 juil. 18 2018-07-15
Analyst, Global Natural Gas Liquids (NGL)
The Role: As a Senior Global NGL Analyst for Platts, you will deliver in-depth analyses of NGL markets outside of North America. You will explore data related to gas processing and fractionation, petrochemical plants, and export projects to provide actionable intelligence regarding the global NGL market to clients, enabling them to make informed trading, risk management, and investment decisions.
- Collect global NGL supply/demand fundamentals data and economic information to translate the data into country- and region-specific NGL market outlooks via commentary and written analysis.
- Utilize your broad scope of knowledge to perform analysis on data sets that may require scripts, codes, and languages.
- Conduct research including identification of data, data input, and statistical analysis of results in order to build and maintain data, generate rate of return analysis, and compile reports.
- Design presentations and engage directly with clients to present actionable data analysis and insights.
- Act quickly to meet each client request.
The Impact: Senior Global NGL Analyst, you will collect economic and financial information specific to a commodity market or organization, conduct market sector or statistical analysis and interpret key market data elements into useful business information. We will help you perform high-level analytic work and modeling that will empower our clients. We believe that as you grow, your potential for new opportunities will increase, as will ours!
The Career Opportunity: We will place you on a challenging and steep learning curve in terms of not only becoming a subject matter authority in the global NGL market, but also in competing/complementary markets where you will be our guide. Opportunities abound to showcase your managerial ambitions, presentation abilities, and thought leadership. Your success in this position could lead to middle to upper management positions within the organization.
The Team / The Business: We are a global team. We are dynamic, with rapidly growing ways of delivering important content and analytics to our readers. For many, we are essential because of the quality insights that we provide.
Your Skills: Natural Gas Liquids, Condensate, Crude Oil, Chemical Engineering, Process Design, Petrochemicals, Finance and/or financial modeling, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Research
Our Hiring Manager says: I'm looking for someone who is experienced in, and curious about energy markets. If you're right for this role, you are inquisitive, conscientious, committed, an effective problem solver, and communicator. You'll love this job because you'll be in a dynamic environment where market-moving changes occur every single day, and you are surrounded by high-energy individuals, passionate about covering markets, spotting key trends, and reporting about those trends to our curious customers.
- BA/BS (preferred focus Chemical Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, and/or related field of study.
- 5-10 years of experience in global NGL or petrochemicals industry.
- Natural curiosity about energy market fundamentals and a love for technical clarity.
- Strong numeracy including the ability to conceptualize proportional relationships, understand the basic principles of algebra and statistics; and an understanding of how to apply basic math functions in Excel.
- Excel - proficiency with SQL queries, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, modeling, and linear regressions. Experience with R and Matlab are useful.
- PowerPoint - strong experience and proficiency with crafting presentations that show data graphically (charts, tables).
- Well-rounded communication skills including solid listening techniques, clear, concise writing styles; and strong verbal skills.
- Subject matter expertise in NGLs in at least one of the key international markets (Middle East, Asia, Northwest Europe).
- A technical test will be administered during the interview process.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of the midstream or petrochemical markets
- Experience with trading and/or procurement of NGLs as a petrochemical feedstock
- Knowledge of refining and petrochemical economics and the tradeoffs between these two demand markets