Anti-Financial Crime \u2013 Regional Control Officer \u2013 Assistant Vice President
Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protects the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. It manages the Bank's risks and help to avert unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, we also advise the bank on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep the bank up to date on regulatory and political challenges. Position Overview
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assume the lead for AFC Controls in the region. Oversee adherence to controls testing and support the build-out of the Quality Assurance function and alignment with Compliance Testing
- Track control results and ensure regular testing and quality assurance within the AFC function
- Carry out AML relevance checks for new legal entities registered in AMInet as well as annual legal entity reviews - oversight control
- Conduct Local AFC offsite reviews; analysing the current risk activities, standards and controls across AFC and monitoring adherence to the Local AFC Controls Program, including, where required, the escalation of any issues or risks identified during the review process and providing recommendations and improvement
- Contribute to the development of global and regional control minimum standards as part of the AFC Global Assurance Program (GAP) across all AFC risk types
- Drive implementation of the 3LoD target control framework within the Anti-Financial Crime function and assist countries with their respective local implementation
- Roll-out new risk & control standards across the region, provide advice and training (3 Lines of Defence model)
- Support the enhancement of the AFC Risk Appetite Statement Monitoring program, and presentation of regional risk appetite overviews to relevant regional governance forums as appropriate
- Provide ongoing support to the AFC risk assessment program development, implementation, execution and reporting in the region.
- Actively collect feedback across business divisions and Infrastructure functions across the region and contribute to AFC's global risk & controls framework
- Act as an active interface between AFC's Risk & Control function and Divisional Controls functions (DCOs) in the first and second line of Defence. Maintain close links with Audit.
- Collaborate across functions- divisions- regions globally to enhance AFC's performance-visibility. Help promote AFC's visibility and awareness of financial crime risk across Deutsche Bank
- Assume the lead for change projects within the controls framework
- Provide evidence, attend meetings with external and internal auditors- regulators
- Keep up to date on regulatory changes and new developments.
- Demonstrate integrity in all dealings with colleagues, customers, regulators and other professionals.
- Investigative and analytical skills, preferably with past quality assurance, testing or auditing experience
- Banking experience, preferably with knowledge of Deutsche Bank's divisions, products and controls functions and processes
- Audit, Compliance, Legal or Accounting background preferred with exposure to financial crime governance
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations and industry guidance
- Excellent organization skills
- Able to handle and manage different matters in parallel, including simultaneous deadlines and the ability to manage conflict situations
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship management skills
- Self-starter – proactive, able to work independently and to learn quickly
- Team-oriented and highly motivated
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – fluent in English; additional Asian languages would be a plus
- Advanced report writing skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- Project management experience desirable
- Ability to travel to conduct onsite controls reviews
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.