Application Services Support Lead (Core Banking System)
The position requires problem recognition, troubleshooting, prioritization of steps, resolution, and implementing recommended solutions to meet the defined SLI. The role is required to provide production support for Core Banking applications. This includes investigation into complex application and/or interface issues, understanding the problem and identifying/recommending the appropriate action to resolve them. The candidate will also require co-ordination with both internal and external teams to understand the cause and help resolve the issue.
The candidate should be motivated to work in fast-paced, fast-growth environment where many changes take place routinely. The candidate will expect to work with a diverse team of system analysts, system engineers, database administrators and developers, for providing application architecture, reliability, data architecture, reporting fulfilment, and operational support. Responsibilities
- Undertake Business-As-Usual responsibilities in supporting Core Banking suite of applications
- Investigate on problems / incident and work on resolutions as needful
- Perform due diligence when taking over from project teams into BAU mode, including implementation, live verification support, working with internal and external parties, etc.
- Manage the BAU Software Release cycles.
- Develop 'As-Is' knowledge of platform systems and flow, including technical dependencies within systems that support the full functionality.
- Lead and / or collaborate with different IT teams across functional technology teams on support system.
- Analyse business problems and issues using data and information from internal and external sources.
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes, functionality through information systems and/or non-system.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams, produce functional specifications, technical specifications and other documentations.
- Perform system review and propose improvement and prevention measures on current systems.
- Provide on-call support and afterhours/weekend support as needed, covering application support and application change deployment.
- General Bachelor's degree in related Information Technology disciplines
- At least 10 years of IT experience with knowledge in deposits and loans domain in retail and corporate banking industry.
- Technical hands-on knowledge in maintaining and manage changes on Silverlake's banking software suite will be a bonus.
- Technically competent to provide technical advice to the team and to be involved in software changes
- Knowledge in IBM AS400 platform, RPG, CL programming. Good to have C, Cobol programming skills on AS400 platform.
- Curious person with strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Essential to have a can-do attitude to work under multi-tasking environment.
- Good understanding and experience in of Software Release cycle, knowledge in Agile development methodology is a plus.
- Self-motivated and possess drive, and ability to work independently and a good team player
- Results-oriented person with a focus on delivery.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis of production problems and provide quick service recovery if required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and inter-personal skills to manage technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.