Asia Equity and Equity Derivatives Day Trader
- Singapour, Singapore Singapour Singapore SG
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 28 juin 18 2018-06-28
We are a Singapore based Asian equity and equity derivatives Long/Short hedge fund and we are in search for an ideal candidate to join our equity trading department. We are looking for a candidate that is a consummate professional that possess enthusiasm and drive towards trading and investments in the equity markets.
The ideal candidate must have a passion in trading and possess considerable interest in the global financial markets. The candidate under the guidance of senior traders and the portfolio manager will be allocated capital to manage at the company’s discretion to either create a systematic trading model to execute trades or to manually execute orders via Direct Market Access (DMA) platforms from our extensive broker networks. The candidate must not only be fundamentally sound in investment ideas, strategies and computations but must also possess an opportunistic nature to exploit inefficiencies in the equity markets to ascertain profits for the Fund.
The candidate will be trained with a similar trading and investing methodology and mindset of that of the portfolio manager and senior traders to align the investment thesis of the firm. We expect the candidate to approach every day with a learning attitude and willingness to learn and follow the guidance provided by senior traders and the portfolio manager.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Commerce, Physics or Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Asian equity trading, markets and instruments, with minimum 2 years of relevant trading experience. (Equity markets include but not limited to Japan, Australia, Hong Kong/China, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia Thailand, Philippines).
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to recognize patterns and identify opportunistic trends.
- Ability to apply instructions quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to trade with minimum price impact as appropriate; implement timely strategy decisions based on different markets and securities.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively in a hedge fund environment.
- CFA is a plus but not required.
- Manage a discretionary trading book to ascertain profits for the Fund.
- Manage trade execution in assigned markets/sectors across multiple execution channels.
- Begin each work day with a thorough market research.
- Present a proper risk management trading plan.
- Record all trading transactions on an organized spreadsheet.
- Knowledge of portfolio management, funds, equity trading, market structure and market challenges with the ability to advise senior traders and the portfolio manager on the implementation of effective trading strategies.
- Pro-active engagement with senior traders and the portfolio manager and research analysts to offer investment-related ideas and market updates.
- Conduct trading performances with counterparties on a regular basis; pre and post trade review, transaction cost analysis to reduce trading costs where possible.
- Finalize the day with a trading session review.
If you are interested to apply for the position as Asian Equity Trader please share your profile with us along with a cover letter. Please note that only Singapore citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents to apply.