ASSISTANT MANAGER, FINANCE
Our client is a leading Pan Asian PE Fund of Funds, who is aggressively growing in the region. As part of their expansion, they are looking for a bright and motivated finance professional to join their finance team.
The duties of Assistant Manager, Finance, shall include (but is not limited to) the following
• Liaison with Fund Administrators for matters pertaining to Funds managed by our client.
• Coordinate with Fund Administrators and check the work of Fund Administrators on the following:
o LP audit confirmation requests
o Capital call notices to LPs
o LP/GP communication
o Audit confirmation to LPs
o Cash flow projection
o Investments valuations and movement tracker
o Quarterly and annual audited financial statements
o Quarterly and audited partners’ capital statements
o Distribution trackers
o Distribution notices to LPs
o Carried interest distribution computation
o Fund banking operation
o Any other tax and structural issues relating to investment vehicles
• Monitor cashflow, prepare cashflow projection and prepare request to Funds’ GPs for approval of capital call from LPs if liquidity is lower than threshold
• Prepare request to Funds’ GPs for approval of distribution to LPs, supported by distribution tracker and cashflow tracking
• Facilitate audit and preparation of tax returns, prepare supporting worksheets for audit and check draft audited financial statements of Funds
• Check Funds’ GPs financial statements, partners’ capital statements and tax returns
• Validate bank account details in capital call notices from GPs, arrange for credit facility
drawdown to fund capital contribution when necessary, check wires initiated by Fund
Administrator and request approver to approve wires
• Ensure distributions are received from GPs in accordance with the date stipulated in the
distribution notices and follow-up if non-receipt
• Upload funds financial data to eFront
• Monitor the performance and perform analytics on the underlying portfolio companies
• Assist in implementation of performance and analytics system (Efront)
• Provide support to CFO, FC and FM on financial management matters
• Any other duties that may arise or be assigned by the Company from time to time
• 6-8 years of relevant work experience in a related business (private equity/hedge fund, other fund houses, or fund service provider) or large accounting firm (focusing on fund management work)
• Candidates with tax knowledge (esp US) will be considered favourably.
• Bias towards quantitative analysis and experienced in reporting functions.
• Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
• Accounting qualification with work experience in IFRS, US GAAP or both.
• Communicates in a clear, succinct and organized manner verbally and in writing.
• Independent, resourceful and able to work collaboratively.
• Proficient in technology tools and data extraction/modelling/visualization tools.
• Prior experience with Investran, eFront or similar systems will be considered favourably.
Please send your CV to BOH Sang-Chin at firstname.lastname@example.org for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussions.