Exciting opportunity to take on a portfolio of complex funds. Due to expansion and onboarding of new clients, our client, a leading, international fund administration firm are looking to bring on board an Assistant Manager to cover a portfolio of alternative investment funds.
- Handle accounting for assigned funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter-system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
- Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned funds.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation fully supported with source documentation.
Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
- Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
- Review investors allocations and fees calculation
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
- Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
- Prepare year-end audit financial statements and audit packs
- Answer ad hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external)
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
- New business onboarding such as fund documentation review, drafting of operating memorandum & pricing policy, trade interface development and systems setup
- Provide adequate coaching and guidance to team members. Keep abreast of all alternative investment industry developments and drive any procedural or technology enhancements accordingly
- Assist Managers on projects such as process improvement, query follow up and issue resolution
- University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
- 4 - 6 years of hedge or private equity fund accounting/audit experience
- Team supervision/managing experience is beneficial
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
- Client facing experience and team player
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS