Assistant Manager (Java/J2EE)
You will support Delivery Manager and manage development resources and outsourced vendors to delivery user enhancements with good quality. You are responsible to review and critique solutions on user requirements and BAU maintenance works. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with project/enhancement stakeholders to come out and review business solution, high-level technical solution and integration solution.
- Manage in-house and outsourcing development teams to deliver project/enhancement with good quality and on time
- Manage the delivery from outsourcing development team with good quality by high-level instructions and required monitoring
- Monitors and manages the production support to ensure incidents and problems are managed within set SLAs
- Manage incident from production and successive problem fixing in maintenance work
- Manage on-going and new enhancements and development in new projects for the respective applications are in-line with the development approach with the use of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Ensure adherence of development practice, standards and updated documentation
- Assist to develop metrics to track development competencies by skills set and applications. Work with team to make improvements and developing and achieving higher competencies in Development skill sets as well as the overall application development.
- Degree holder in Information Technology, Info Systems or equivalent
- Strong technical competency in Java and Java EE with at least 5 years of development experiences in Java EE application.
- Candidate with e xperience working with BPM software (e.g. IBM BPM, Oracle BPM, jBPM, Pegasystems) / Agile and DevOps will be advantageous
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Project Management principles and practices
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong advocate of standards and challenge status quo with new and emerging technology to address new business challenges
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level