Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The Assistant Relationship Manager (ARM) is primarily responsible for providing proactive and effective support to the Senior Relationship Manager (SRM) so as to profitably enhance the daily management and development of the SRM's customer portfolio; in accordance with the business plan, credit policy objectives and QNB procedures. The ARM also could act as an RM taking responsibility for a designated portfolio to develop and profitably manage banking relationships for business customers within their geographic territory or industry/customer portfolio. This position functions as the backup resource for the extension of the full range of bank products and services applicable to the business customer. These will typically include credit and deposit services, as well as international transactions or other specialised services. Role Description:
- Proactively support the SRM to develop and manage on a day to day basis both potential new customer targets and existing customers to meet assigned financial and non-financial targets, in compliance with QNB policies and procedures, regulations and prevailing best practices.-
- Assist the SRM to prepare comprehensive credit proposals for new / prospective customers that adequately address all relevant risk factors and satisfy minimum acceptable standards of QNB corporate credit.
- Assist the SRM to prepare comprehensive credit reviews for existing customer facilities, at least one month before limit expiry, that adequately address all relevant and current risk factors and the latest developments in the industry, market and business.
- Assist the SRM to identify and timely report on all negative events and early signals on potentially problematic accounts / relationships.
- Assist the SRM to maintain the timely review of credit applications and documents within set turn around time, in coordination with Credit Risk. Support the SRM, and others as requested, in identifying weak aspects of credit applications.
- Assist the SRM in monitoring SRM's customer credit positions for full compliance with set limits and QNB's Investment and Credit Strategy.
- Support the SRM in the preparation of periodic Management and Business Information reports to executive management, as requested.
- In the absence of Credit Admin Role:
- Liaise with HO credit admin on the credit documentation meeting the terms & conditions as per approval.
- Seek HO Credit Admin acknowledgment when needed for collaterals submitted and supporting documents.
- Seek HO Credit Admin Review and have the checklist completed for Credit Operations to complete the remaining tasks
- To assist customers in all their queries on Bank's product and seek solution to their requests
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn-around time.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units to achieve the Group's goals/objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal Auditors, Compliance, Financial Control and Risk Functions as and when required.
- University graduate (Bachelors degree) preferably with a Major in Finance, Banking, Economics, Mathematics, or Business Administration (related field of study), Masters preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing)
- At least 4-6 years relevant experience in the banking industry, preferably with a large local / International Bank.
- Well-informed of the market competitive structure, industry practices and any regulations for the corporate banking customer segment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good knowledge of a wide range of treasury products.
- A strong customer service orientation with exceptional knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Proven marketing and sales skills.
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph