Assistant VP, Investment Risk, UOB Asset Management
Posting Date: 30-Apr-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: UOB Asset Management Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department UOB Asset Management
is a leading Asian asset manager with award-winning investment expertise in fixed income and equities. Headquartered in Singapore, we offer global investment management expertise to individuals, institutions and corporations from a regional network spanning Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Japan and beyond. Our comprehensive product suite includes innovative solutions covering retail unit trusts, exchange-traded funds and customised portfolio management services. Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Regional Head of Risk and Performance Analytics of UOBAM, the successful candidate will join a team responsible for providing the risk oversight within UOBAM Group. In this role, you will also be expected to assist in developing, implementing, maintaining, improving and communicating an enterprise-wide risk management framework, risk policies and procedures across subsidiaries. Other key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Conduct consolidated risk-return profile of our funds and portfolios with appropriate risk parameters and performance target;
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis on investment portfolios to identify drivers of risk and performance;
- Ensure adequate end-to-end process and tools are in place to monitor and control risk-taking activities against pre-defined parameters/limits, and proactively highlight risk and performance issues;
- Produce regular report highlighting key risk areas, including market, credit and liquidity risk measures, and key performance trend, contribution and attribution analytics to portfolio managers, senior management, Investment Committee and Board;
- Perform stress test or ad-hoc scenario analysis on portfolios assigned;
- Work closely with Investment team and Business Development team in shaping the firm's investment process and product development and offerings;
- Be involved in the user requirement studies and user acceptance test for risk and performance systems;
- Liaise with vendor on system requirements and data issues;
- Liaise with internal IT and data manager on report generation, systems and data issues.
- Minimum of 6 - 10 years hands on working experience, preferably in the fund management industry or bank treasury as a risk analytics analyst and/or performance analyst
- Possess strong analytical thinking and quantitative skills
- Good knowledge of investment risk management techniques and derivative instruments
- Possess the ability to kick-start and see-through process improvement initiatives so as to enhance work efficiency and productivity
- Be able to work well under pressure, tight time constraints and a good team player
- Good written and oral communication and presentation skills
- CFA/FRM/CIPM will be advantageous
- Strong programming, quantitative and database skills and experience in Python, R, VBA, SQL, Access are preferred.
- Previous experience with systems such as, FactSet, Morningstar, Lipper, Northfield, Barclays POINT will also provide the candidate with an earlier head start. Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.