Asia & Oceania Administration Department - Legal & Business Admin.
Overview of Division/Department
Our Legal and Business Administration, a member of our Asia & Oceania Administration Department, consists of two teams– the Legal teamand the Business Administration team. The functions of the Legal team are to provide, in general, legal support to the bank in terms of any legal needs of the business lines. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities Your key roles & responsibilities include:
Job Requirements What you should have:
- Providing legal advice relating to credit facilities, banking products and any services provided by the Bank
- Drafting and/or reviewing legal documentation (including templates)
- Liaising with, and reviewing documents drafted by external counsel, where necessary
- Conducting legal training for Bank staff on legal issues
- Working together with the Compliance teams to interpret new/revised laws and regulations.
- Providing updates to the business lines (where necessary) in respect of changes in applicable laws and regulations
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"
- At least a Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- PQE 8 – 10 years
- Strong knowledge of banking law (Corporate lawyer preferred)
- Good command of written/spoken english
- Good interpersonal and team player skills are attributes that will help the candidate perform successfully in this role
- Ability to provide clear, commercial and risk mitigated advice to business lines
- Prior experience doing derivatives work or with ISDA documentation negotiation would be viewed favourably