Internal Audit Division, Asia & Oceania Dept - Credit Review
Overview of Division/Department
The Credit Review function exists to provide assurances to the Board of Mizuho that public statements made by the bank relating to asset quality are accurate. Our Asia Oceania Credit Review Representative's main function is to ensure that branches comply with the Bank's credit policy and procedures when extending credit to customers and the team essentially conduct on-site and off-site credit reviews with a focus to cover the entire credit profile and associated processes of Mizuho's operations in Asia Oceania Company Profile
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Job Responsibilities
You will carry out on-site reviews (in all credit initiating divisions, branches and subsidiaries across Asia Oceania), off-site reviews (by means of Head Office sampling), and various special reviews based on a variety of themes as appropriate. Your key roles & responsibilities include:
Job Requirements What you should have:
- Perform credit evaluation of commercial clients
- Reviewing structure of loans and other types of credit facilities, financial performance of borrower &/or guarantor, economic and industry operating environment as well as other relevant credit risk factors.
- Assessing accuracy of credit ratings based on credit related procedures and recommend rating changes
- Identifying deficiencies in credit processes.
- Ensuring compliance with bank's lending policies & procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Discussing potential issues within Credit Review Division (“CRD”), and with account officers and International Credit Division, if necessary.
- Ensuring consistency in the application of the risk rating process and risk evaluation through the various business units of the bank & its subsidiaries.
- Maintaining current knowledge of developments in the industry and regulatory environment, all policies and procedures related to lending, credit rating and problem loan monitoring.
- Keep abreast of topical issues and new or pending laws/regulations that may affect banking, in general and credit review, directly.
- Other matters that your manager instructs/requests from time to time to run various functions of the team.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration
- 10 years of experience in credit review with financial institutions
- Knowledge of a variety of products such as: Corporate Credit, Acquisition Financing, Project Finance, Real Estate Finance, Trade Finance, Leasing, Securitization, Derivatives; willingness to learn new credit products.
- Strong credit analysis and writing skills as well as proficient in MS Office applications
- Travel is required for this role (20%)
- Positive mindset to embrace challenges
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"