We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Associate/AVP, Analyst (Technology) Public Equity (EQ)
The Public Equity (EQ) department pursues active management strategies in equity investing. We invest globally and are organised along product groups specialising in different total return, relative return and quantitative strategies.
The Global Emerging Markets Focus (GEMF)
team manages a concentrated portfolio of stocks in emerging markets like China, India, Russia and Brazil. The team consists of a group of generalist portfolio managers, each with his/her own domain expertise in particular markets or sectors. Collectively, we run a team portfolio of stocks exposed to long-term structural EM growth drivers.
We are looking for an Analyst
to help us with Technology stocks in China and Asia.
The candidate will join the team on a 2 years contract (with full employment terms & benefits).
Strong performers will have the opportunity to be offered a permanent position at the end of the contract. Responsibilities
- Be a key contributor to the team. This includes performing analysis on investment ideas with a focus on China/Asia technology equities, modelling financial statements and developing investment theses.
- Conduct due diligence on portfolio companies or candidates, through corporate engagement, site visits, value-chain analysis, consultation with experts and other investors, meetings with suppliers, customers, competitors and on-the-ground data collection.
- Generate and research on long-term thematic technology-related ideas.
- Understand and debate on other stocks in the portfolio outside of China/Asia tech.
- Collaborate well with colleagues from other teams in the Equities department.
- Candidates should have 1-5 years' working experience. Candidates with experience working in tech-related fields, and who have demonstrated a passion in investing, will be actively considered.
- Strong training or knowledge in technology, including in sub-sectors like software, hardware, internet, or semiconductors.
- Experience in conducting detailed research with a goal of producing actionable insights.
- Capacity to learn financial modeling.
- Possess strong intellectual curiosity and the drive to conduct deep-dive due diligence on portfolio stocks and candidates.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, as the candidate is expected to interact extensively with corporates based in China. Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to conduct on-the-ground due diligence in China/Asia. Occasional travel to other emerging markets is also expected.
- Have the intellectual curiosity and drive to conduct deep-dive due diligence on portfolio stocks and candidates.
- Strong team player and someone who is in line with GIC values.
- Proficient in Excel.