Associate - Cloud Network Engineer
Description About this role Overview:-
BlackRock's Technology Infrastructure team is responsible for building and maintaining modern technologies both in the cloud and on-prem. We are looking for a Cloud Network Engineer to join our team. This is a new role in our interdisciplinary team focusing on leveraging cloud capabilities within BlackRock's powerful asset management platform in a scalable, resilient, and secure manner.
We are passionate about solving difficult problems through technology and are focused on utilizing the cloud to tackle large scale challenges. You are looking at a firm that recognizes strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. You are a strong candidate when it comes to your ability to work in an international team. You will have experience in building cloud infrastructure while keeping security, cost, performance and complexity at top of mind.
As a Cloud Network Engineer, you will:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary squad to build out and maintain security controls for our cloud platform
- Utilize deep technical knowledge to drive the delivery of scalable & secure network resources
- Assist in troubleshooting issues with the cloud services & platform related to network connectivity, partnering with our wider networking teams
- Build cloud network connectivity architectures & systems. Participate in design reviews and deliver on those designs.
- Take well known on-premise ways of working and translate them into a cloud native approach for modern technologies
- Participate with design and feedback workshops to improve our services and quality of work
- Participate in agile ceremonies to help deliver our commitments within our team
- Minimum of 3 years' experience provisioning, deploying and supporting cloud native applications in Azure with Terraform, ARM templates or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years' experience designing & implementing cloud connectivity; VPC/Network peering, Cloud-to-Cloud, On-prem-to-cloud
- Demonstrated experience using the following services from a cloud provider; VNets, Resource Groups, AzureVM, NSGs, Express Route, RBAC
- Demonstrated experience with use of Terraform, blueprints or CloudFormation to deliver complex infrastructure across Azure (Preferred) or AWS.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience securing complex network architectures across on-prem and cloud, including network firewall appliances.
- Experience in crafting and evolving CI/CD pipelines with GitLab or GitHub following GitOps principles
- Excited to bring order to cloud automation standards
' BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.