- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
Associate, Client Tax Information Compliance
- Lieu de travail : Singapour, Singapore
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
The successful applicant will.... * Ensure that SCB has controls to manage its regulatory risk and to have appropriate arrangements in place to meet the requirements of the Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) regulations and agreements relevant to Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) for the Global Banking, Commercial Banking, and Business Banking client segmentsThis includes:
- US Income Tax Regulations contained in Chapter 3 (including the associated Qualified Intermediary Agreements where relevant) and Chapter 4 (also known as FATCA which includes the associated Foreign Financial Institution (FFI) Agreements and Intergovernmental Agreements where relevant);
- The Common Reporting Standard (CRS), including jurisdiction specific legislation enacted to implement the CRS in participating jurisdictions; and
- Canadian Tax Reporting.
- Support all relevant client due diligence remediation processes and provide relevant advice to colleagues undertaking the remediation work, primarily through the various Client Tax Information Compliance (CTIC) business support mailboxes.
- Support the Director, CTIC - Global Banking, Commercial Banking, and Business Banking in ensuring appropriate compliance advice is provided to staff in Global Banking, Commercial Banking, and Business Banking, and assist in establishing frameworks to identify, assess, manage, monitor, mitigate and report CTIR compliance risks across the region.
- Support relevant training activities comprising of maintenance, delivery and completion monitoring and sample testing for all applicable regulations.
- Support the Director, CTIC - Global Banking, Commercial Banking, and Business Banking in promoting, leading and managing the culture and practice of organisational compliance with CTIR Procedures that relate to Individuals.
- Support the Director, CTIC - Global Banking, Commercial Banking, and Business Banking in ensuring appropriate client tax compliance advice, training, risk assessment and monitoring is delivered to Group staff in all relevant jurisdictions.
- Act as the principal client tax compliance resource in support of the Group's CDD client tax remediation process and provide relevant advice to colleagues undertaking the CDD remediation work.
- Ensure Group Client tax compliance policies, procedures and standards are effectively implemented and executed through the regional compliance teams for all relevant regulations: FATCA, CRS, QI, and Canadian Tax.
- Provide support to senior management to ensure that they establish and monitor appropriate processes for compliance with client taxation policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure proactive and timely identification, assessment, advice and dissemination of evolving legal and regulatory changes/practices related to client taxation compliance across the Asia and proactive engagement in regulatory reform
Support the Director, CTIC - Global Banking, Commercial Banking, and Business Banking to establish and maintain effective processes (including training, advice and support) to ensure that policies, procedures and standards to address client tax compliance risks are effectively implemented across Group business teams throughout the region via early socialization with stakeholders in procedure design/parameters, ratification by appropriate committees, and ensure corresponding appropriate communication and training across footprint.
Support the Director, CTIC - Global Banking, Commercial Banking, and Business Banking to provide reports to relevant risk and control committees, and senior management on key and compliance risks and issues.
Assist as needed Group/Country governance and Group/Country compliance heads in maintaining appropriate relationships with key regulators, in particular in connection with client tax compliance related expertise and controls
- 3+ years experience in the banking industry.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver training where appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multi cultural awareness and sensitivity required.
- Leadership and management skills. Leadership qualities as evidenced by strong peer recognition, industry recognition and/or regulatory recognition. Demonstrated success in the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks across a geographically dispersed, complex product and highly varied customer and stakeholder base.
- Ability to identify and assess risk, monitor and test established process controls and reporting outcomes in a timely manner.
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Personal authority with ability to establish relationships and provide strong direction to colleagues and staff in relevant business groups.
- Project management and/or business analysis experience
- Experience in legal, compliance and regulatory risk management.
- Knowledge in the areas of products and procedures for Global Banking, Commercial Banking, and Business Banking segments.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relevant to the Group's key business with ability to analyse the same and co-relate regulatory issues to products and business models.
- Track record of good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of legal, regulatory and reputational risks Sound judgement on business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk.