• Newly created role • Well established and leading player
About Our Client
Our client is a well known financial services firm within the funds industry and is the world's leading player in their field. Job Description
* Assist in updating local and global AML policies and procedures where required.
* Identify changes to legislation, rules or industry guidance to ensure that the Group
meets its statutory obligations and internal requirements in respect to the
prevention of money laundering prevention and to ensure this is communicated
effectively to management and staff.
* Help develop and operate monitoring tools to examine and report abnormal
instance and suspicious activity from an AML perspective.
* Assist staff with AML/KYC related escalations.
* Undertake trade and file reviews and general monitoring of clients and investors to
ensure that the applicable AML policies & procedures are being applied and adhered
* Preparation for and participation in Client operational calls regarding AML for the
Client's investor base, Due Diligence visits by Clients, MLRO and Investors;
* Relationship management with Clients, MLRO's, Investors, Auditors and other
external and internal parties as required.
* Provide guidance and assist global staff with AML/KYC related escalations within the
time zone model.
* Perform due diligence reviews on new clients and subsequent reporting to
* Investigate reports of suspicious transactions / circumstances; prepare and submit
reports to senior management.
* Liaison for Internal Audit and Legal department with regard to AML and department
* Assist senior AML management with various projects, as necessary.
* Assist with the AML training of the relevant groups across global offices with regard
to specific and general AML issues. The Successful Applicant
* Extensive experience in AML/KYC within a financial services firm
* Regulatory experience and familiarity with region specific AML standards / expectations
* Strong investigative and risk mitigation skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Strong analytical skills and experience in strategic planning
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to work independently and pay close attention to details
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment What's on Offer
Good remuneration package with great benefits such as flexible working locations and paid time off in a large and stable financial institution.