Associate Director, Application Developer
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , Numéro de Licence EA : 03C5451
- 21 oct. 18
A new Associate Director, Application Developer job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading financial institution. You will be working within an innovation lab and developing risk management applications to better support the ever-growing needs of insurers and reinsurers around the world.
About the Associate Director, Application Developer Role:
Based within the innovation lab as part of the risk software team, you will be building the next generation of the company's bespoke financial modelling platform used by world-class actuarial and brokerage teams.
- Adhere to a very well-polished agile-scrum process and put a strong emphasis on quality throughout
- Work within a closely knitted team of highly experienced product owners and technical experts
- Participate in long term architectural planning, run development in designated time-allocated sprints
- Perform code review, unit testing and manual acceptance test at every phase
- Profile for memory leaks and performance problems
- Comply and adhere to a comprehensive automated test suite and rigorous coding standard which are both validated and enforced by gated check-in
To succeed in this Associate Director, Application Developer role, you should have experience as a full-stack developer.
- Understanding of and competencies in the following:
- .NET 4.5.2, C#, XAML, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, HPC, IronPython, TFS, VSTest, Ranorex
- Autofac and many other open source projects
- Latest versions of Visual Studio and ReSharper
- ANTS memory and performance profilers
- BSc, MSc or PhD in mathematics, science or related field (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Experience of building complex scientific software would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent software design skills: significantly beyond the ability to regurgitate not particularly useful design patterns
- Strong problem solving skills
- Previous commercial experience of C#, SQL Server and at least one of WPF or ASP.NET MVC
- A thorough understanding of how to unit test code and how to write code that is testable
- Experience of using dependency injection in a large project
- Python 2.7 is a plus
- Automated UI testing is a plus
- A genuine desire to be the best developer you can be
The role is with the innovation lab of a leading financial firm. Their culture in the Singapore office is renowned as one of the best on the market and the organisation is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Associate Director, Application Developer job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak