The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses,
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfills its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join us as Associate Director, Liquidity Sales
- Dedicated Liquidity Sales specialist role responsible for growing Global liquidity Sales to all client segments in Singapore
- The role will manage existing liquidity clients and originate brand new liquidity client relationships across the Asset Management Group (AMG) institutional and Bank facing Corporate, FIG and Public sectors of Global Banking & Markets (GBM) and Commercial Banking. In addition, the role is expected to establish collaborative relationships with AMG’s internal channel partners, including Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM) and external partners including Third Party Portals and Platforms.
- The successful incumbent will be required to establish and successfully execute on a liquidity sales strategy and tactics for institutions either head quartered or foreign owned in Singapore in order to maximize profitable revenue for the AMG business.
- The role will report functionally into the Global Liquidity Sales Head for Global Asset Management located in London. The Global Liquidity Sales business is a global business line comprising of dedicated liquidity sales professionals located in strategically important treasury centre locations throughout the world.
- The role will report legally (locally) to the CEO for AMG in Singapore and there will be a line into the Institutional Sales Head for ASP, based in HK
- In many cases, the clients and prospects will be of a regional or global nature operating with a regional treasury centre location and as such will require a regional or global coverage approach, working with dedicated liquidity specialists and institutional sales colleagues in other countries to understand the global investable cash wallet of the client to provide suitable AMG liquidity solutions and maximize profitable revenue for AMG. Identifying cross sell opportunities to immediately refer to institutional colleagues in country and regionally will be important too.
- The global liquidity fund range encompasses a broad range of solutions ranging from HSBC’s flagship AAA rated ST MMF solutions to in-country local fund ranges and separately managed account structures. In total, given the global network of the HSBC group, the global liquidity business manages and sells $115bn in AUM across 10 currencies. The sales role is expected to be competent in these capabilities and using their knowledge of the Corporate, FIG and Public sectors, consult with clients and prospects to address their needs with appropriate liquidity type solutions.
- The role will work closely with colleagues across AMG’s Liquidity Sales, Investments and marketing (CP) teams as well as Institutional “long only” colleagues who are responsible for selling the longer term institutional sales capabilities of the AMG group. The role will partner with product management to identify product gaps or enhancement ideas and contribute to development of long-term vision/product strategy of the global liquidity business.
- The role will include a co-ordination role to ensure South East Asian countries are joined up with consistent liquidity objectives and accountable to grow liquidity AUM in their countries and across the South East Asian region. This person will act as a go to source of liquidity sales expertise to bring consistency of the liquidity sales process in other South East Asian countries.
- The role will represent the Global Liquidity business in internal senior management reports and forums, as well as external conferences in Singapore.
- Support South East Asian recruiting and training efforts for any additional resources added in future
- Spearhead Global key account planning exercises including assisting with setting and implementing strategies for key liquidity clients within the global liquidity sales team
- Relevant asset management and/or treasury relevant professional qualifications is helpful.
- Industry experience, either in Asset Management or a Corporate Banking or Corporate Treasury or Cash Management/Treasury Services sales and sales management role with a proven track record of winning new business
- Exposure to and a good practical understanding of the needs of Global Treasury teams in the short term investable cash space
- Good knowledge of the Corporate, FIG and Public Sector industries in Singapore and across Asia Pacific.
- Specific knowledge of Investment Management and Corporate Banking an advantage.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational skills.
- Excellent proactive sales skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work effectively across other groups, global regions and lines of business.
- Highly organized and achievement oriented with a hands-on mentality.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and comfort working at all levels of seniority, both within the HSBC organization and with the senior management of the client.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.