Associate Director, IT Workplace Delivery & Operations
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
The role is responsible to provide End User Technology (EUT) Services to end users in Singtel. This individual will be accountable for the planning, design, delivery, operate and support of EUT services applications and infrastructures, which includes:
a) End User Applications (Office 365, Email, File, Print, Mobile device management, Laptop, Virtual Desktop services, etc.)
b) Collaboration services including Teams, Video Conferencing, IVR infrastructure.
c) Service Requests & Incident Management.
The role will also be tasked to manage a departmental team and its resources (staff, assets, budget etc.) to deliver the End User Technology Services, and will work closely with various stakeholders including IT Security, overseas counterparts and outsourced (onshore/offshore) partners. Key Responsibilities
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Direct and integrate different teams of engineers to develop, deliver and operate cost-effective EUT services which meet or exceed business needs.
- Introduce and promote business friendly and cost-effective service to end users in Singtel while aligning to regional EUT Strategy.
- Plan, manage and maintain operating expense budgets for all EUT services including equipment, support/maintenance, term tenders and outsourcing costs. For project related costs, provide and support budget to Project Management Office.
- Provide leadership for equipment selection, infrastructure refresh and capacity planning for all EUT services including business case development and presentation to senior IT management.
- Ensure 24x7 availability of EUT Services including infrastructure design (high availability, redundancies, BCP) and regular maintenances.
- Provide consultation for End User Technology enquiry and requests.
- Serve as management escalation for major/unresolved incidents, ad-hoc/complex requests.
- Manage and mentor staff in accordance with organizational policies. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee conflicts.
- IT/Engineering related Degree or equivalent
- Cisco Certifications
- Microsoft Certifications
- End User Technology Services including: Email, File, Print, Instant Messaging, Unified Communications Tools, Mobile Device Management, Proxy severs, LAN/WAN, Wireless LAN, Firewall, Load Balancers, VPN, Video Conferencing, PABX, IVR, IT Service Desk, Top Management Executive Support, Outsource management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies especially Active Directory and Office 365.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols/services (FTP, DNS etc).
- VoIP/Telephony, SIP, H323, Cisco Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points. L2 and L3 VPN, VLAN, VPLS, MPLS interworking
- OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, BGP
- IPSec, GRE/L2TP tunnel, NAT, DNS, Video conferencing
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.