Reporting to the CEO, the person will play a key role in the long-term investment strategy by influencing investment decisions made by portfolio managers. This role is responsible for developing and overseeing the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and impact framework and policies, as well as reviewing and appraising proposed investments for commercial sustainability.
- Performing ESG and impact assessments of prospective and current investment funds, across: i) public to private funds, ii) equity, fixed income, and real estate, and iii) long-only and hedge funds.
- Manage the risk and exposure reporting across portfolios. Implement forward-looking ESG methodologies to manage risk exposure identification, measurement, analysis, monitoring, and make recommendations.
- Integrate ESG and impact research into investment processes across all asset classes. Work closely with other investment team members to facilitate improved understanding and integration of material ESG factors throughout the investment lifecycle, covering both risks and opportunities.
- Staying abreast on ESG and impact trends and developments and help translate them into actionable improvements.
- Ad hoc assistance on non-ESG/impact investment areas.
- A degree in a related field such as economics, business, environmental/social sciences, international relations, etc.
- 6-10 years’ experience in investment management, investment research, or related fields at a bank, asset management firm, ESG/impact consulting, rating agency, or other relevant areas.
- Broad understanding of investments across various asset classes including equities, fixed income, private equity, real estate, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in ESG investing, sustainability or impact investing and high proficiency in ESG and sustainability data, frameworks, reporting, and industry best practices.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and the ability to express complex concepts in a clear and concise fashion to stakeholders.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently.