We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Finance & Accounting team as a Associate, Reporting and Data Analytics (Private Markets). Responsibilities
- Manage the monthly and quarterly internal reporting process, work closely within the finance and accounting team to ensure various reporting deliverables are completed within agreed timelines
- Perform data quality checks to ensure accuracy of data and proactively implement additional automated checks when required
- Monitor data issues which have been identified are corrected on a timely basis
- Maintain current reports and optimize them when applicable.
- Provide and analyse data on a need to basis, in response to requests or to support recommendations.
- Monitor cash requirements to ensure operational needs are met and identify ways to improve cash efficiency
- Analyse and identify data patterns and provide insights in the form of reports, dashboards to enhance business decision making capability and process improvement
- Continuously improve processes and strategies by exploring and evaluating new data sources, tools, and capabilities
- Bachelor in Business/Finance or Accountancy or relevant disciplines.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the finance or private equity industry.
- Committed and motivated individuals who are meticulous and enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Good working knowledge in data analytics and visualisation
- Proficient in data management and report automation
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to details and analytics skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and data visualisation software e.g. Tableau
- Proficient in coding language e.g. Python will be an added bonus