We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC Private Equity
GIC is a global investment firm and has one of the largest and broadest private equity programmes amongst all institutions. GIC PE invests across the Americas, Europe and the Asia-Pacific in a range of sectors including healthcare, consumer, financial services, TMT, industrials, infrastructure, energy and natural resources. GIC PE also invests through private equity fund managers. GIC PE invests across the capital structure in equity, senior and junior debt, besides investing in secondary PE deals, restructuring & opportunistic credit and special situations. We currently have over 100 active relationships with fund managers and have invested directly in more than 1000 companies globally across multiple sectors.
The Global Investment, Strategy and Risk group (GISR)
is based in Singapore and plays a key role in helping the PE CIO and senior management evaluate investments, develop investment strategy, and define the role of PE within the broader GIC portfolio. The GISR team comprises a diversity of nationalities and backgrounds with prior experience in investment banking, consulting, operations and private equity investing.
We are looking for a suitable Associate
to join the GISR team on a 2-year fixed-term contract (full employment terms & benefits). Preferred candidates are likely to have an analytics/ research background who are pre-MBA or pre-postgraduate and intend to pursue other opportunities after two years. As a member of the GISR team, you will have exposure to a broad range of sectors and instruments. Responsibilities
- Support research projects to study trends in Private Equity /Private Credit markets and to identify investment themes across sectors such as healthcare, technology and financial services.
- Assist in identifying data sources (both internal & external) and perform analysis on data from both public and private markets to support studies and development of investment themes.
- Be a key contributor in projects on portfolio data collection and analytics, which includes:
- Collection of portfolio companies' operating metrics
- Creation of robust internal data sets and databases
- Use of analytics and data visualization techniques to translate ideas and discussions into intuitive and sustainable solutions (e.g., dashboards) to assist GIC PE CIO with portfolio monitoring and investment decisions.
- Work alongside the GIC Technology Team to design internal systems for presenting and collecting data.
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Science, with a keen interest in Business Analytics and Data Science
- Ideally 2 years of experience in portfolio management, data analytics, accounting, finance or management consulting; candidates with less experience may be considered
- Experience in data analytics and visualization for financial markets.
- Proficient with SQL, R or Python programming, as well as data visualization tools.
- Passion for applying analytical tools to financial market data.