Associate (Service Desk Engineer) - IT Service Management
- Responsible to deliver excellent IT service support to both internal and external customers.
- Assist staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology.
- Support will include installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within the established standards and guidelines.
- Activities will require interaction, with application and infrastructure support and vendors to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgement.
- Provide technical support to Life Planners (Agency Force).
Corporate User Support
- Responsible for supporting all company issued desktops, laptops, mobile and some telephony devices.
- Work closely with Infrastructure, Applications and vendors to resolve escalated issues.
- Work closely with project team and users on new developments or deployments. (e.g. desktop deployment, application deployment, BCP/DR exercises, office renovations, etc).
- Provide workaround solutions to quickly restore service for issues with no permanent fix.
- Installation of new software and/or hardware.
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on PC systems to ensure longevity.
- Understand and adopt best practices based on ITIL framework.
- Provide professional customer service to all end-users.
Life Planner Support
- Assist Life Planners to resolve Application and related technical issues through telephone or onsite support at various GE locations.
- Record all cases in the ticketing systems and provide first level resolution.
- Escalation of incidents to other production support.
- Mobile support for Life Planners on a rotational basis, which includes weekends and public holidays.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.