Company Description Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you'll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold - to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com Job Description Your team
This Corporate Action role will be involved in performing both mandatory and voluntary corporate action-related Global custody and accounting processing requirements for Wealth Management clients. Your mission
Qualifications What you need
- Timely and accurate processing of all CA transactions.
- Validate and disseminate Corporate Action (CA) information to clients.
- Knowledge on SLN redemption with shares settlement, matching fixing details with custodian and term sheets.
- Collate clients' instructions for voluntary events and instruct custodians within stipulated deadline.
- Reconcile clients' entitlements on internal systems against Custodian confirmation.
- Ensure client entitlements are monitored and credited promptly.
- Regular follow up on late payment by custodians.
- Prompt follow up with custodians / client on CA related issues / discrepancies / queries.
- Handling all CA enquiries from both external and internal stakeholders.
- Reconciliation of cash / stock break.
- Updating EOD checklist to ensure completeness.
- Escalation of any operational risks or issue relating to CA matters to Manager for mitigation.
- Adhere to documented procedures, control guidelines and compliance framework.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing as and when required.
- Supporting change by assisting in devising and implementing improved processes.
- Maintaining close working relationship with team members and cross function teams.
You will get extra points for the following
- Tertiary education (Diploma / Degree in Banking and Finance / Accountancy preferred but not necessary)
- Preferably with at least 2 years operations experience with knowledge of Corporate Action processing / trade settlement
- A broad knowledge of Private Banking, capital market and global securities industry rules.
Additional Information Now let's talk about perks and compensation
- Added system knowledge on SWIFT, Avaloq SmartClient
- Independent and proactive with good communication skills.
- Good team player with a positive attitude and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- High attention to details and good time management skills are essential.
We have a hybrid work week model, giving colleagues flexibility in how they work, as well as ensuring we create our unique Avaloq culture in our office locations. Our base salaries are competitive and you can be recognised for outstanding effort with an extraordinary achievement reward - the pinnacle of recognition. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its colleagues by paying out "Success Share Units" depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone's' contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language. Don't be shy - apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged. Job Location