Business Analyst - FM Finance Change
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This role is part of the Product Finance team under the Aspire program, specifically within the team that manages the overall E2E solution design and delivery which are driven by upstream Business initiatives, regulatory initiatives and strategic Finance programs.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Involvement in all stages of change programme lifecycle, from initiation and design to post-implementation
- Define E2E Solution Design including solution for external projects
- Solution Design for E2E Control Model including definition of appropriate Business Processes
- Define transition approach for Product Finance and manage the E2E delivery
- Manage full Data Specification including Event Derivation
- Validate solutions through Proof of Concept (POC) and manage design issues through testing
- Liaise with stakeholders and team members across various locations and time zones
- Link between Business teams and technology partners in delivering solution to support Business requirements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience preferably in Investment banking experience (finance or product control experience preferred)
- Extensive project change/business analysis experience (exposure to both tactical and strategic solutions preferred)
- Qualified accountant (CA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Project Management/PRINCE2/Agile qualification is preferred
- Experience in full change programme lifecycle/methodology, from initiation and design to post-implementation
- Detailed understanding of banking IT systems, including trade processing workflows, from trade booking to GL entries is essential
- Strong accounting knowledge of DR/CR entries triggered by the various trade events across products classes (commodities, currencies, credit, rates) is essential
- Able to perform gap analysis, identify and escalate issues and risks to the appropriate parties
- Understanding of Local and IFRS GAAP requirements
- Able to work on multiple work streams in parallel, providing support to other team members when required
- Able to work independently and provide/design solutions to areas identified in business requirements
- Able to obtain buy-in for recommended options from stakeholders
- Strong self-starter with minimal need for guidance/supervision.