The Investment Operations Team is a central team within Investment, reporting to the Investment COO with a global remit. The team provides support to the other Investment Teams in the Schroders Asset Management Business and works with teams across Schroders to implement change. The team aims to enable business growth, support business as usual, make data improvements, manage risk and simplify the business.
Business Change Management team is responsible for the support of the investment platform with a focus on Aladdin by BlackRock Solutions (BRS). The individual would be required to:
- Own all Aladdin related incidents through to successful resolution
- To provide 2nd line support to the investment teams globally
- Be the escalation point to BRS where technical or Aladdin specific assistance is required
- To reduce incidents by working with BRS to improve their Quality Control and batch support
- Assist in the change initiatives by working with Business Change Managers on larger change projects
- Transitions new applications/ modules and services into the production support environment
- Identify potential efficiencies and best practice opportunities within Aladdin.
- Coordinate with GT application support front to back incidents to successful resolution
Overview of role
- To provide support to the Investment Platform – Aladdin, working closely with the global team to provide global comprehensive solutions to the investment functions.
- To provide training on Aladdin and the end to end workflows.
- Be a Subject Matter (SME) expert for the Investment teams.
- Develop a close working relationship with front office business stakeholders in order to determine functionality gaps and enhancement requirements.
- To analyse data and data files to understand what information is received or required
- To not be constrained by current environments and be able to recommend alternative solutions
- Provide input into strategic product selection and target operating model definition
- To help users define user acceptance testing criteria and assist the user testing process
Process and Workflow
- To promote best practice and global consistency.
- To highlight priorities and critical requirements
- To highlight impacts to the business and clients
- To identify where simple changes can be made to produce significant improvements
Incident/ Problem Management
- Manage and maintain incidents, enhancements, issues and risks log via Jira
- To identify risks, issues and weaknesses
- To identify key timings, dependencies, interfaces and human/technology interactions
- Take initiative and develop creative solutions for solving problems
- Analyse and summarize findings across all regions where applicable
- Assist in the definition of new business requirements and the design of new processes. To aide in the delivery of incremental change to the global investment Team.
- To maintain relations with the investment teams and act as a conduit relaying their requirements and feeding them in to BlackRock Solutions / Investment Operations Change.
- Consult and/or lead the organization design process for future organizational changes
- For part of the overall Investment Platform community within Investment Operations.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to define and document business requirements to a high standard
- Experience with the appropriate methods and tools (i.e. workshops, process flows, Visio) to achieve requirements capture and definition
- Ability to document process using formal methodology such as BPML/UML
- Experience working within a front office environment in an asset management firm
- Familiarity with broad range of investment products and instruments
- Experience of working with internal teams and third parties to ensure that requirements are met within agreed timescales
- Experience of full project life cycle including defining user requirements, defining test scenarios and user acceptance testing
- Good understanding of fund management business and processes
- Good inter-personal and organisational skills
- Good technical knowledge and ability to translate between IT and the business
- Ability to negotiate pragmatic solutions that meet conflicting business requirements
- Problem solving ability within a complex investment management environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Asset Management systems, such as Aladdin by BlackRock or Charles River.